Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.Basic Requirements: All applicants must meet one of these basic education requirements:
1. Degree: architecture; or related field that included 60 semester hours of course work in architecture or related disciplines of which at least (1) 30 semester hours were in architectural design, and (2) 6 semester hours were in each of the following: structural technology, properties of materials and methods of construction, and environmental control systems.
2. Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the arts and sciences underlying professional architecture, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the architectural principles, methods, and techniques and their applications to the design and construction or improvement of buildings. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by at least one of the following: 1. Related Curriculum: Degree in architectural engineering may be accepted as satisfying in full the basic requirements, provided the completed course work in architectural engineering provided knowledge, skills, and abilities substantially equivalent to those provided in the courses specified in paragraph A. 2. Experience: An applicant lacking a degree in architecture must have had l year of experience in an architect's office or in architectural work for each year short of graduation from a program of study in architecture. In the absence of college courses, 5 years of such experience is required. This experience must have demonstrated that the applicant has acquired a thorough knowledge of the fundamental principles and theories of professional architecture
Applicants must meet the basic qualification requirements as described in the Office of Personnel Management’s Qualification Standards Handbook for General Schedule Positions. These standards may be viewed in its entirety at the following address on the web at http://www.opm.gov/ qualifications/SEC-III/A/0800-NDX.htm.Architecture Series - Basic Requirements All Professional Engineering Positions - Basic Requirements
IN ADDITION TO THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING:
Experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position Specialized experience is defined as planning, leading, and controlling the design of architectural and/ or engineering system elements of building project design development, implementation and evaluation of building architectural and/or engineering systems; defining scope of work for building design projects; preparing project work plans and schedules; and managing the work of contracted building design professionals, particularly in the field of architectural and/or engineering design for buildings, including reviewing building architectural engineering designs prepared by others.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement.
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Ability to serve as technical expert in the architectural or engineering design process for building design in such areas as producing and reviewing drawings, details, sections, specifications, diagrams, calculations and other data and information for conformance with professional best practices, technical correctness, code compliance, and conformance with project programmatic requirements, for building design and construction.
- Ability to operate in a leadership role and coordinate among disciplines to: identify building project requirements; write technical scope of work for building design services; prepare Independent Government estimate of design fee; conduct technical discussions, and manage building design services during the course of the design effort.
- Ability to communicate orally to represent the organization and address/resolve issues.
- Ability to provide architectural engineering design, including sketches and CADD drawings, specifications, calculations and analysis.
Important Note: Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation