Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Degree: that included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics), and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc. Credit toward meeting statistical course requirements should be given for courses in which 50 percent of the course content appears to be statistical methods, e.g., courses that included studies in research methods in psychology or economics such as tests and measurements or business cycles, or courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing.
- Combination of education and experience: courses as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. The experience should have included a full range of professional statistical work such as (a) sampling, (b) collecting, computing, and analyzing statistical data, and (c) applying statistical techniques such as measurement of central tendency, dispersion, skewness, sampling error, simple and multiple correlation, analysis of variance, and tests of significance.
Specialized experience is defined as: conducting studies requiring in-depth analysis of statistical program requirements; providing administrative and technical coordination of a statistical operation associated with data collection/processing activities; and utilizing various software and computer programs to perform statistical data analyses and report findings.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Background Investigation: All selectees will be subject to a personnel security investigation which must be favorably adjudicated for occupancy of a sensitive position and/or access to classified information. If you are selected for a critical/special sensitive position, you will be subject to a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). For a critical sensitive position, you must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility at the Top Secret level. For a special sensitive position, you must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance eligibility at the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level AND you will be subject to a random counterintelligence scope polygraph.
Drug Testing: If you are given access to classified information, you will be subject to random drug testing. If you are selected for a critical/special sensitive position, you will be placed in a drug testing designated position. You must pass a drug test before your assignment to such a position and you will be subject to random drug testing subsequent to your assignment.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
- Employment Eligibility Verification (E-Verify) Program: DCAA uses E-Verify to determine eligibility for employment as a U.S. Citizen.
- DCAA has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security and thrift savings; health, life and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. DCAA employees enjoy our business-casual dress code, flexible work schedules, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to telecommute.
- Additional Vacancies:This announcement may be used to fill additional positions within 90 days of the closing date.
- Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 2 years if one has not already been completed.
- Travel: Some travel is required. Travel is typically local; however, some overnight travel may be required. Mobile auditor positions may require extensive travel (50% - 75%) between contractor locations. Government vehicles are not provided for use by DCAA mobile auditors.
- Financial Management Certification: As a condition of employment, the selectee must meet the requirements of the DoD Financial Management (FM) Certification Program. The FM Certification Program is a course based program consisting of three certification levels. Level 2 certification must normally be completed within two years of the selectee's employment start date.
- Mobility Agreement: All DCAA auditors must sign a mobility agreement. This agreement will only take effect if you are promoted to an Auditor, GS-13, and may then require you to be reassigned every five to seven years.
- Veterans Preference: If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 member copy 4 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans' preference go to: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
- Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. . For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP): You may be eligible for MSP, if you are the spouse of an active duty military member and you are ranked among the best qualified for this vacancy.
- Reemployed Annuitant: does not meet the criteria. This vacancy does not meet the criteria identified in DoDI 1400.25 VOLUME 300, Section 3 for the appointment of annuitants. Veterans preference eligibles receive consideration regardless of their annuitant status.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will initially be reviewed to determine whether you meet the minimum eligibility and qualifications requirements. If you are qualified, you will then receive a rating based on the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities for the position listed below. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications, you will be assigned a rating commensurate with your background. Your application will be placed in one of three categories:
- Best Qualified: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or is recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Highly Qualified: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience.
- Qualified: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only.
- Business Analytics
- Data Management
- Planning and Evaluating
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10138580 Read more Security clearance Not Applicable