Instructional Systems Specialist
6 days left
- Full Time
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This series has an Individual Occupational Requirements, which means you MUST meet the educational requirements listed here.
Degree: that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position to be filled. The course work must have included study in at least four of the following five areas:
- Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material.
- Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
- Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
- Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training.
- Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training, including selecting appropriate computer software.
In addition to the above Individual Occupational Requirements, you MUST also meet the following qualifications, as well:
To qualify for this position you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to FG/GS 11 or FV-H in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. To be credible, specialized experience must have been at least equivalent to the next lower grade in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
- Experience using educational and training principles to develop course content, materials, and instructional strategies for programs; evaluate interactive design products and documents to ensure system configuration for training programs; providing program management strategies and oversight of training programs and systems; recommend the design of interactive courseware for training media materials.
** Specialized experience must be reflected in the work history section of the resume. Failure to do so will result in a rating of "not eligible".
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Education cannot be substituted at this level.Preview Job Questionnaire Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
1. As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for the announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below the KSA.
In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each, in your work history section of your resume, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a Human Resource Specialist as appropriate.
2. Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective factor)s), if applicable, may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one-of-the-following categories: score order, category grouping, or alphabetical and referred to the selecting official for consideration.
3. This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm.
4. AFSCME Bargaining Unit Statement: Article 42, Section 13 says: If the selecting official decides to interview any employee on the selection list for a vacancy, then all who remain under consideration for the position at that point in the process must be interviewed. If the selection list is shortened to a best qualified list through a comparative process, then the best qualified list shall be considered to be the selection list. If it is determined that interviews are required and telephone interviews are not utilized, travel expenses incidental to these interviews will be paid in accordance with the Agency's travel regulations and this Agreement.
5. This position is also being announced under Vacancy Announcement No. AWA-AIR-18-0053JR-55783 for Current and Former Federal Employees and EVHO only. Please review both vacancy announcements to determine if you are eligible to apply.
6. This position may be perform at remote location, at management's discretion.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.