Lead Child and Youth Program Assistant (Level 5) CY-02
Occasional travel - Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
-Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate. -Be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
1. Two years of specialized experience working in a group program with children or youth
2. An associate's degree or at least 60 semester hours with a major course of study (24 semester hours) with content directly related to the age group to which assigned, for example: Child Development Centers: Early Childhood Education/Child Development, Elementary Education, Special Education. School Age: Elementary Education, Child Development, Youth Development, Special Education. Youth Services: Youth Development, Secondary Education, Human Development, Youth Program Administration, Recreation, Physical Education, or directly-related behavioral or cultural science (developmental psychology, child psychology/sociology, sociology of the family, gender identity, parenting. General psychology/sociology coursework is not qualifying).
OR one of the following:
1. Possess and maintain one of the following directly related to the age group of the position to which assigned: Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, Military School Age Credential, Army Youth Practicum or other nationally recognized Youth Development Credential.
2. A bachelor's Degree or at least 120 semester hours with a major course of study (24 semester hours) with content as indicated above.
**If using education to qualify for this position: A copy of your unofficial or official college transcripts must be submitted with your application package in order to support your qualifications for this position. Failure to supply unofficial or official college transcripts with your application package will result in disqualification for this position.**
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)