Mortgage Transaction Assistant
6 days left
- Full Time
- Perform data input to build loan in loan origination system based on data input by Member in Mortgage Application system.
- Monitor and assign loans from queue.
- Ingest original disclosures provided by loan application system into document imaging system.
- Request action from Disclosure Desk if Member indicates they want to lock their rate.
- Request action from Disclosure Desk as valid change in circumstances is identified.
- Conduct any required compliance checks (internal and external).
- Direct applications to appropriate staff for follow-up.
- Order services from third party vendors.
- Assist teams with obtaining necessary documents to move loans into closing stage.
- Nased on the business needs (these duties may fall under the scope of other job functions within 1st and 2nd mortgages) may perform other duties.
Associate’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in mortgage lending or strong customer service is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.