Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As the Administrative Coordinator, you'll get to wear multiple hats while supporting the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director of Corporate Communications, the Director of Marketing, and their supporting organizations.
Many of these administrative duties are of a highly confidential and sensitive nature that require comprehensive knowledge of organizational policies, practices, and procedures. This position ensures smooth, efficient, and timely administrative operations of the department.
If you have an outstanding ability to organize day-to-day functions and juggle multiple projects, possess superior critical thinking skills, and enjoy collaborating cross functionally with all levels of the organization, you may be a great fit for this role!
Minimum Requirements for a Qualified Individual
• Four years of high school, vocational school, or equivalent; a four-year college degree is strongly preferred
• Minimum of five-years of experience in an executive assistant role with responsibility for administratively supporting a group or department
• Strong demonstrated skills in MS Office including Word, Excel Outlook and advanced PowerPoint skills in creating presentations
• Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills, and strong written and oral communication
• Strong organizational and customer relations skills to develop and maintain strong, positive, trusting relationships with the VP, colleagues, internal and external customers
• Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize assignments, and make progress on multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
• Reliable, self-starter, responsible, responsive, with a positive attitude
Super-Organizer & Scheduler:
Are you PowerPoint savvy and have a knack for keeping track of many different projects and schedules at once? You will bring both your organizational skills and creative insights to this role.
- Create materials for the HR, Corporate Communications and Marketing Departments, including PowerPoint presentations (reports, charts, graphs, tables) for meetings, projects and communications
- Develop and maintain HR organizational charts using MS Visio; work with VPs to create charts for all reorgs.
- Organize complex calendars, meeting prioritization and large scale meeting coordination of Vice President of Human Resources, Director of Marketing, and other key leaders
- Coordinate and schedule candidate interview at the VP level and above with SVPs and other key executives. Create on-boarding schedule preparation.
- Assist with travel arrangements and expenses for HR, Corporate Communications and Marketing Departments. Manage travel & accommodations for corporate candidates and submit expense reimbursements.
- Process and submit Purchase Requisitions for HR, Corporate Communications and Marketing Departments
- Manage HR, Corporate Communications and Marketing P-card, maintain billing accounts and contacts, run monthly reports, review monthly accounts for discrepancies, submit reclassifications and accruals, manage invoice processing and new vendor submissions
- Perform department-specific responsibilities and projects, for example: take meeting minutes and report outstanding action items, data entry, billing and receiving, intranet maintenance, etc.
Corporate Event Planner:
You'll oversee and plan corporate events, including the Annual Service Award Program, the CEO award banquet, Intelsat's Community Outreach program and more!
Coordinate logistics for events, including room reservations, ordering meals, set-up, preparing handouts/materials, and addressing special equipment needs for department
Organize, execute, and assist with global team activities and logistics (HR all-hands meetings, yearly department and VP on-sites/off-sites, Open Mic with CEO, and team social events)
Intelsat Brand & Cross Collaboration Champion:
You'll act as a brand ambassador for Intelsat in this role, advocating for a connected interdepartmental culture
- Partner with the VP of HR and Director of HR to brainstorm ways to increase employee to increase engagement, involvement, and to foster a collaborative working environment
- Champion Intelsat's Employee Facebook page and InsideIntelsat Instagram account to represent employee brand
- Liaise with other department assistants to coordinate activities/projects
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.