President & CEO
PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OF COLUMBIA HEIGHTS
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION OF COLUMBIA HEIGHTS
The Development Corporation of Columbia Heights (DCCH) is a placed-based community development corporation with a goal of furthering the physical, economic and social revitalization of the Washington DC area, with a particular focus on opportunities for socially or economically disadvantaged persons. DCCH seeks to achieve this by executing commercial, business, and housing projects that increase the number of local businesses, retail offerings, jobs, and affordable housing.
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
The President & CEO is responsible for the development and implementation of policies of the Board of Directors for the Development Corporation of Columbia Heights. The President & CEO exercises control and direction of the overall fiscal, administrative and programmatic operation of the Corporation, represents the Corporation in all legal and fiscal transactions and coordinates the development of the Corporation’s human and fiscal resources. The President, as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the Corporation, manages and directs the organization toward its primary objective by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Establishes current and long range objectives, plans, and policies, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
· Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies of the Board. Administers the implementation of all Board policies.
· Oversees the adequacy and soundness of the organization’s financial structure.
· Reviews operating results of the organization, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
· Plans and directs all investigations and negotiations pertaining to mergers, joint ventures, the acquisition of businesses, or the sale of major assets with approval of the Board of Directors.
· Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the organization.
· Represents the organization with major customers, shareholders, the financial community, and the public.
· Approves the initiation, payment and accounting of all DCCH financial transactions.
· Represents DCCH in interactions with business, civic and public-sector organizations at the local, regional and national levels.
· Administers all DCCH personnel functions.
· Provides the Board of Directors with timely and concise reports regarding the progress of and problems encountered in the development and implementation of programs and activities, including recommendation for appropriate action(s).
· Supervises the implementation of DCCH’s Economic Development and the preparation and submission of all required funding source documentation in accordance with applicable guidelines and requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The President & CEO shall have Masters level academic preparation in business or public administration, real estate finance/development, or a related and a demonstrated ability to successfully manage community/economic development programs.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Negotiable, depending upon education, skills and competency.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to Denise Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org, All materials must be received by Denise Holmes by 5:30pm on March 2nd of 2018.
The Development Corporation of Columbia Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin.