Supervisory Information Technology Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
To minimally qualify for the GS-15 level applicants must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-14. Specialized experience includes the following: having personally designed and led the implementation of an entire unified communication suite, having personally designed and led the implementation of cloud services such as a web migration, having personally designed and led the implementation of COOP solution, and having personally designed and led the implementation of a network and technical infrastructure within a data center
No education substitution at this/these grade levels.
- The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays and various benefits as well as work life amenities such as alternate work schedules, telework, flextime, fitness and transit benefits.
- Moving expenses associated with permanent change of station (PCS) ARE NOT authorized for this position.
- If you left Federal Employment and received a buy out and you are selected for this position, you may be required to repay the full amount of the payment.
- Multiple and subsequent vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, you must be a preference eligible or a Veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. To learn more about veterans' preference, special veteran appointing authorities, and other veteran related topics, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov.
- Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements:
- - Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
- - Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
- - Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
- - Other Special Appointment Authorities
- Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) meet the basic qualification standards (including minimum educational and experience requirements; (3) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 and above on the rating criteria for this position; and, (4) submit the appropriate documentation ( to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp
- Note: ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
- Telework may be authorized on a case-by-case basis.
- The National Transportation Safety Board provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the National Transportation Safety Board directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to determine your qualifications. Applicants must first meet any mandatory education and/or licensure requirements before experience is evaluated. Failure to meet any mandatory requirement as outlined in the qualifications section will disqualify you from further consideration. If education and/or licensure requirements are met, your application will be further evaluated based on training, experience and other factors critical to successful job performance such as:
- Advanced knowledge in information security and enterprise architecture principles, concepts and practices.
- Advanced skill in applying emerging and evolving IT technologies
- Ability to effectively lead a team of employees of varied background and skill levels
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Skill in strategic planning
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Read more Security clearance Not Applicable