Assistant Program Manager (Acquisition)
25% or less - You will be required to travel for this position 25% of the time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- You will be required to undergo background investigation leading to the successful adjudication of eligibility for Secret security clearance. Derogatory information developed during the background investigation, such as a criminal history, could render the selectee ineligible for both the security clearance and continued employment in the position, if already appointed.
- You are required to submit Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, (per 5CFR Part 2634, Subpart I USOGE, 6/08) which must be completed upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, including Changes 1-7 http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/550007r.pdf (November 17, 2011). Any conflicts of interest will result in the withdrawal of job offer.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level III in Acquisition Career Field Program Management within 24 months of entrance on duty." (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisitions University Catalog at http://www.dau.mil/.)
- This position may be eligible for regular and recurring telework with supervisory approval.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job equivalent to the next lower grade (NH-02). Specialized experience is defined as performing ALL of the following duties: 1) Executing cost, schedule, performance, and risk activities within the acquisition lifecycle framework; 2) Coordinating acquisition support activities necessary to meet program objectives; and 3) Performing periodic reviews of financial execution to include obligations and expenditures. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service NH-02 (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Acquisition Strategy
- Budget Administration
- Oral Communication
- Organizational Awareness
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.