Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation Expenses are authorized.
Bar membership required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the CG-14 level or higher in the federal service.
Specialized experience is experience as an attorney conducting legal research and analyses for, and providing legal advice to, senior management and/or senior policymakers, including drafting legal opinions and other legal documents and making oral presentations related to the Federal Deposit Insurance Act (FDI Act) or other banking or financial institution laws.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a trial period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to assess your ability to perform this job. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration. Candidates who are eligible for veterans' preference will receive consideration. If you rated yourself higher than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure your ability in the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of the FDI Act, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, and implementing regulations.
- Knowledge of banking, securities, and derivatives law and regulations.
- Ability to draft, review, analyze, and evaluate proposed legislation affecting the FDIC and the financial institution industry.
- Ability to provide authoritative legal analysis, advice, and assistance on the most precedent-setting issues affecting the FDIC to senior management officials and policymakers and representatives of other agencies.
- Knowledge of financial institution examination procedures, financial institution practices and procedures, and policy.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation