Logistics Management Specialist
6 days left
- Full Time
76% or greater - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Position has been designated as Non-Critical Sensitive; incumbent is required to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- New Hires are required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and are subject to random drug testing for the duration of service with DoD OIG. Organizational entities within the DoD are not required to conduct drug testing for DoD civilian employees transferring or reassignment from one DoD Testing Designated Position (TDP) to another TDP with no break in service within the DoD, unless deemed appropriate on a case-by-case basis by the gaining Component.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
- Requires between 85% to 90% of temporary duty (TDY) travel within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS.)
- Incumbent is required to pass a pre-deployment physical as a condition of employment.
- Will be required to travel internationally to include entering potentially hostile areas (i.e., Southwest Asia).
- Incumbent will be authorized to carry a weapon while on duty during deployments to specified locations.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid military base permit when traveling to Overseas Contingency Operation locations.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. Employees are ineligible for this position if, at any time, they have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, unless the conviction was expunged, set aside, or he/she received a pardon. The applicant selected for this position must be able to qualify and maintain authorization to carry and use government-owned firearms including no current or previous domestic violence charges/convictions.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- Knowledge regarding managing and accounting for weapons and ammunition; using computer-based, GPS-enabled systems to support the movement of personnel and equipment; and supporting staff visits by coordinating schedules, protocol, and ground and air movement.
- Knowledge of OIG and military logistics concepts, doctrines, and principles, including supply, maintenance, transportation, property, acquisition, and base life support to develop and implement logistics services for OIG deployed personnel.
- Knowledge of acquisition management to acquire equipment and property, develop pre-award documentation, present OIG requirements before command acquisition review and space management boards and to serve as the COR on vehicle and maintenance leases or other contracts
- Knowledge of safety and security to operate successfully among unique military and/or contingency installations providing widely varying support services
- Skills in communicating with General Officer and Command level staff to present, defend and obtain support for OIG personnel and ensure that support facilitates meeting mission requirements
- Ability to be trained and qualified on an M4 Carbine Assault Rifle and/or M9 Beretta 9MM to meet OIG and military requirements for OCO.
Specialized Experience: You must have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the GS-12 level in the federal service or at an equivalent level. Specialized experience is defined as: providing oversight and responsibility for a department that includes programs such as Administrative, Logistics, and Safety/Occupational Health, the development and testing of a Continuity of Operations Plan, and the management of disaster relief for local and overseas contingencies for military and civilian's personnel.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
As a Federal employee, incumbent may elect health insurance, life insurance, participate in the Federal retirement system, and will receive Sick and Annual leave benefits. The OIG offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume.Read more Security clearance Secret