Special Assistant to the Dean, School of Nursing and Health Studies - Georgetown University Medical
Special Assistant to the Dean, School of Nursing and Health Studies - Georgetown University Medical Center
Founded in 1903, Georgetown's School of Nursing and Health Studies (NHS) is a dynamic academic organization dedicated to its mission, “Advancing the health and well-being of individuals and communities.” Academic departments include Advanced Nursing Practice, Health Systems Administration, Human Science, International Health, and Professional Nursing Practice. The school also houses the Center for Health Equity - Research, Implementation, and Teaching.
The Special Assistant to the Dean provides administrative support by performing a variety of complex and confidential administrative duties. S/he compiles reports, prepares agendas and background materials, and maintains databases. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Special Assistant to the Dean has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Prepares and maintains agenda list for Dean and Senior Associate Dean, and coordinates certain school initiatives and events.
- Researches and reports on topics as directed by the Dean and Senior Associate Dean.
- Staffs the main NHS Office of the Dean, serving as the front-line contact for guests of the dean and members of the public.
- Maintains an outstanding public appearance of the Office of the Dean and the front lobby of the school.
- Represents the Office of the Dean with internal and external stakeholders as directed by the Dean and Associate Deans.
- Creates operating plans for alumni and donor relations, as well as for project management and reporting.
- Supports the Dean in engagement with the school's Board of Advisors.
- Corresponds with external stakeholders as directed by Dean and the Senior Associate Dean.
- Serving as the primary procurement administrator, assists the Chief Administrative Officer with expense monitoring for the Office of the Dean.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of work experience - preferably with a focus on supporting the operations of a very busy office and an executive-level leader
- Confidence with interfacing and cultivating relationships with various internal and external constituents as a key representative of the Office of the Dean
- Ability to prioritize scheduling requests and office activity
- Excellent communications skills, discretion, problem-solving and time management skills, and software and hardware fluency
- Experience in communications, legislative affairs, health care, or higher education settings
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of complex organizations with competing priorities of multiple stakeholders
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.