Bilingual Universal Representative
PenFed is hiring a Bilingual Universal Representative in Woodbridge, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to perform financial transactions, balancing and to perform other assigned operational duties. The Universal Representative plays a vital role in delivering a quality member experience, by working directly with the branch sales team to create an environment that demonstrates core behaviors that enhance and grow the branch.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Engage members and prospective members in a professional and courteous manner in person and over the phone in English and Spanish.
- Conduct financial transactions in and efficient and accurate manner each day.
- Research and resolve account problems in conjunction with branch management.
- Ensure accuracy in recording financial transactions, daily balancing, and security of cash drawer at all times.
- Assist with the daily balancing and closing out of the branch.
- Evaluate needs of existing and potential members and make daily referrals to Branch Support Representatives.
- Understand and offer our full range of products and services.
- Assist and educate members on the use of PenFed Online, mobile banking and ATMs.
- Maintain current knowledge of operational policies and procedures which includes; branch and organizational compliance, security and, state/federal rules and regulations.
- Remain knowledgeable of the competitive landscape within the financial services industry.
- Must be an active teammate in the growth of branch operations.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience, preferably with a financial institution.
- Must speak fluent English and Spanish and pass a Spanish language proficiency test.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting
with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.