Supervisory Management Analyst
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- U.S. Citizenship is required for Federal employment.
- Time-in-Grade must be met by announcement close to be considered eligible.
- Selective Service registration is required for certain males born on, or after, 12/31/1959, unless you have an approved exemption.
- Must provide recent SF-50 showing tenure or CTAP eligibility documentation.
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Security and Background Requirements: Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Financial disclosure statement, OGE-450, required: Please be advised that this position will be subject to FDA's prohibited financial interest regulation and may require the incumbent of this position to divest of certain financial interests. Applicants are advised to seek additional information on this requirement from the hiring official before accepting this position.
Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
GS-14: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as analyzing and making recommendations to improve human capital program operations; addressing and resolving human capital program issues; implementing and managing human capital program and leading employees.
In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Who May Apply (in detail):This is an internal agency vacancy which is open to current permanent employees of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Department of Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Current FDA employees under a Schedule A appointment are also eligible for consideration. Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligibles within the local commuting area. PHS Commission Corps Officers may apply.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing duties of this position as a Commissioned Officer may apply for consideration. Candidates will be referred to the Selecting Official for consideration on a Commissioned Corps assignment but not as candidates for a career-conditional/career appointment under Title 5.
YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF THE MOST RECENT NOTIFICATION OF PERSONNEL ACTION, SF-50, THAT VERIFIES YOUR ELIGIBILITY FOR A COMPETITIVE PLACEMENT WITHIN THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (I.E., FEDERAL STATUS AND TIME-IN-GRADE), CTAP or COMMISSIONED CORPS DOCUMENTATION.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- If you are serving, or have served in the last 5 years (from 02/20/2018) as an Executive Branch political, Schedule C, or Non-career SES appointee, HHS/FDA may be required to obtain approval by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) prior to beginning employment. You can find out if you have held one of these appointment types by looking at your Standard Form 50s in your Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), in Section 5 where the legal authorities are listed. If you have served or are currently serving, you must provide a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, documenting this appointment. In addition, you will be required to respond to the question in the assessment and certify your responses to the questionnaire. Political Appointees FAQ - OPM
- Selective Service Registration: Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. You can learn more by visiting the Selective Service Registration site.
- Pre-employment physical required: NO
- Drug testing required: NO
- License required: NO
- Mobility agreement required: NO
- Immunization required: NO
- Bargaining Unit Position: NO
- Incentives may be authorized; however, this is contingent upon funds availability. If authorized, certain incentives will require you to sign a service agreement to remain in the Federal government for a period of up to 3 years. Note: This statement does not imply nor guarantee an incentive will be offered and paid. Incentives include the following: student loan repayment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 02/20/2018), a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be conducted, the information will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your eligibility for Federal employment, and then whether or not you are qualified for this particular position.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis of Rating: Merit Promotion Procedures for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of two categories: Best Qualified or Qualified.
Your qualification will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You do not have to respond to the KSAs separately, but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the Competencies/KSAs.
2. Human Capital Program Management
3. Oral Communication
4. Written Communication
To review the application questionnaire, click the link below.