Director of Outreach and Engagement, Georgetown Scholarship Program - Office of Student Financial S
Director of Outreach and Engagement, Georgetown Scholarship Program - Office of Student Financial Services
The Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS) at Georgetown University is looking for a talented Director of Outreach and Engagement to join the Georgetown Scholarship Program team.
The Georgetown Scholarship Program (GSP) ensures that 650 undergraduate students, most of whom are first in their families to attend college and/or low income, have access to the resources necessary to graduate and thrive in college. Nationally, students from these underrepresented groups' graduate college at a rate of 9% - 31%. At Georgetown, they do so at a rate of 96.4% (with 900+ graduates to date). Within GSP, students have access to an accomplished alumni network, career assistance, mentoring programs, campus connections and more. GSP's innovative program helps Georgetown to be a global leader in enrolling scholarship students and providing them with dedicated support throughout their college experience.
The Director of Outreach and Engagement, in a position funded by a generous GSP donor, serves as a member of the GSP team. Reporting to the Georgetown Scholarship Executive Director, the Director works with other colleges/universities, non-profits, and potential supporters to improve college access and inclusion at Georgetown and across the country by: building and improving similar programs, partnering with secondary education groups, and growing GSP's existing resources and programming. S/he focuses on 5 key areas:
- Partners with other colleges hoping to improve college access/inclusion, and recommends GSP's program model to support the creation of similar programs across the country
- Collaborates with peer institutions currently running similar initiatives to share and learn best practices
- Increases college access rates by forming and maintaining partnerships with high school and middle school networks (including Cristo Rey and KIPP,) college access organizations, and other entities
- Builds and manages partnerships within the University and wider community to provide additional resources to students, such as basic necessities, access to professional development opportunities, and jobs/internships.
- Provides advising support and guidance to GSP students to lend ongoing academic, social, and emotional support; and engages directly with students to ensure that they have a leadership role in the primary outreach functions of the position.
The Director of Outreach and Engagement has the opportunity to:
- Strategize outreach efforts and identify key partnerships in tandem with the broader goals of the Executive Director, Associate Director, and Assistant Directors
- Create outreach materials and resources
- Gather resources based on program needs
- Work in an exciting, fast-paced environment in a period of significant program growth
- Interact with a diverse student population
- Work with a talented and hardworking team
We are seeking an individual who:
- Is a team player
- Is comfortable with structuring his/her own work
- Has the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under time‐pressure
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of advising and administrative matters
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and highly team‐oriented
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills, as well as effective written and oral communication skills
- Has significant knowledge of the demands of first generation college-going students at highly selective colleges
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 to 3 years of experience working at a college/university with roles focused on expanding college access and inclusion
- 2 to 3 years of experience working in an advisory capacity to college students, particularly with the demographic we serve (first gen and low‐income college students)
- Willingness and availability to work evening and weekend hours and travel 30% of time
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.