Ultrasound Tech (PRN) - Diagnostic Ultrasound
ADVENTIST HEALTHCARE is seeking an experienced Ultrasound Technologist to join our team at Shady Grove Medical Center. The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer is competent in production, use, recognition and analysis of ultrasound images and patterns used for patient diagnosis and treatment. The practitioner must be knowledgeable in ultrasound physics and instrumentation, normal anatomy and pathological variants.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides and maintains a clean and safe environment
2. Coordinates with other staff to assure appropriate patient care is provided. Anticipates patients needs and exceeds expectations.
3. Performs clinical assessments and produces high quality sonographic images to provide accurate data for the Radiologists
4. Ability to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations. Maintains schedule and prioritizes exams.
5. Provides age specific patient centered care that is respectful of cultural, ethnic and spiritual diversity.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients on their assigned unit/department
Every other Saturday Night shift 6pm - 6am, PRN as needed, holiday coverage, various shifts, weekends and on call
occasional travel to Germantown Emergency Center
a. Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound program
b. One year scanning experience preferred
c. RDMS certification
d. Valid BLS-CPR certification required upon hire; must be maintained thereafter.
e. Vascular certification strongly preferred
f. Strong customer service skills
g. Able to handle a multi task environment
h. Basic PC skills such as Windows NT, and computerized Ultrasound equipment
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser