Treasury Recent Graduates Program (Management Analyst) (GS-343-09)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To be eligible for the Recent Graduates Program, applicants must have, within the previous 2 years*, completed all educational requirements for a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying institution. For more information on education requirements go to Treasury’s Pathways Program.
*Veterans who, due to a military service obligation, were precluded from applying to a Recent Graduates Program during any portion of the 2-year eligibility period may have their eligibility period extended so that they receive the full 2 years of eligibility. The remaining 2-year eligibility period will begin upon his or her release or discharge from active duty. The veteran's eligibility period may not extend beyond 6 years from the date of completion of all requirements of an academic course of study.
A. Education - In the Recent Graduates Program you may qualify based solely on education as follows: master's or equivalent degree (such as an LL.B. or J.D.) that is related to the position and, as such, has equipped you with the knowledge and skills to perform the duties of a management analsyt. OR
Completed 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a graduate degree in a field that is related to the position and, as such, has equipped me with the knowledge and skills to perform the duties of a management analyst. OR
B. Experience - You may qualify with one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty equivalent to the GS-7 level of the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Assisting in research and investigations of new and improved business and management practices; assisting in development of management and program evaluation plans, procedures, and methodology; assisting in management fact-finding to determine compliance with regulations, procedures, sound management practices and effective utilization of staff. This level of work typically involves following established methods and procedures or detailed instructions; using some judgment in applying analytical techniques; solving minor problems and making routine decisions. This list is not inclusive.
C. You may qualify by a combination of qualifying education and experience. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
Applicants must have completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctoral or technical/vocational degree.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- All selectees must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.
- Subject to a 1-year trial period is required (unless already completed).
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Knowledge of the principles of computer operations and systems along with automated data processing concepts and principles; Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically, both orally and in writing with executives, managers, employees and customers; and Knowledge in gathering, assembling and analyzing facts, drawing conclusions, and devising solutions to problems.
Category-like rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, Category A, Category B, and Category C depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
To preview questions please click here.