MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST
Occasional travel - 1 To 5 Nights Per Month May Be Required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-14: You must have1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position include the following: Accomplishment in leading major project assignments that require a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, sufficient to accomplish complex projects or studies broad in scope and magnitude. Experience in applying a range of laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the segment(s) of the programs affected by the assigned project or study; Experience using management principles and processes to perform project management duties to effectively coordinate and integrate project objectives and recommendations with key line and/or staff functions of the Service, and communicating effectively both orally and in writing. You must also have experience editing and proofreading using multiple content management systems; hand-coding and troubleshooting HTML and CSS markup; experience managing complex workflows related to online user experience; and experience with online design standards and best practices.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- - We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Decision Making, Oral Communication/Speaking, Planning and Evaluating, Problem Solving, Project Management, Writing.
Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, C= Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position.
Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a rating of category B or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.