Budget Trainee (DOJ Pathways Intern)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- An in-person interview in Washington, D.C. may be required for this position prior to final selection. The cost of travel to the interview site will be the responsibility of the applicant unless otherwise stated. Reasonable accommodations requests will be considered on an individual basis as requested by a person with a disability. Declining an invitation to interview may remove you from further consideration.
- You must be enrolled in a school within the Washington, D.C. commuting area (75 miles from DC) or be enrolled in a distance education program in order to be considered. If you are enrolled in an online degree program for a school normally located outside of Washington, D.C., please indicate this clearly in your application package.
- Academic Enrollment: You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited high school, technical or vocational school, two-year or four-year college or university, graduate, or professional school (go to https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ to verify accreditation status). Individuals who are enrolled must be taking at least a half-time academic, vocational, or technical course load leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate. "Half-time" is defined by the school in which the student is enrolled.
- Good Academic Standing: Applicants must have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Qualification Requirements: Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for this position as outlined below.
To qualify at the GS-04 grade level, applicants must have completed 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associate's degree; OR have 1 year of general experience to include: progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled; OR have a combination of education and experience: equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
To qualify at the GS-05 grade level, applicants must have completed 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree; OR have 1 year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the GS-04 grade level to include: assisting in applying basic financial function support by compiling resource data from financial reports, and preparing various financial plans, documents, and reports; OR have a combination of education and experience as listed below. Please note, only education in excess of 60 undergraduate hours may be used in this calculation.
Combination of Education and Experience - Your current education completed is credited as a percentage of the education required for the grade level and your current experience is credited as a percentage of the total experience required for the grade level. The two percentages are added and must equal 100% in order to qualify for the desired grade level.
All academic degrees and coursework must be completed at a college or university that has obtained accreditation or pre-accreditation status from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see www.ed.gov.
There is no degree requirement for this position. As described in the Qualifications, you be be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited degree, diploma, or certificate program.
Upon successful completion of the Pathways Internship, candidates may be converted to a position with a different career ladder. Candidates may be converted to the grade at which they qualify. Conversion to a permanent or term position is not guaranteed and is subject to many factors such as funding, position availability, and performance.
USA Hire Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for reasonable accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. before the job announcement closes to be considered for this job opening. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/images/1/14/USA_Hire_Reasonable_Accommodation_FAQs_-_01-26-17.pdf.
EEO Statement: The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact Tiffani Williams at (202) 514-2811 . Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under DOJ's category rating and selection procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Candidates within the best qualified category who are eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
You will be assessed on the following KSAs/Competencies:
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stress Tolerance