Project Specialist (Engineering Technician III)
2 days left
- Full Time
- Reviews documents for technical content, such as extension requests and surety reductions and work to resolve land development projects in default by collaborating with internal and external parties.
- Works as part of a high energy team that works closely with developers and customers to enforce codes, standards and county regulations uniformly and consistently in the review of bondable items.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to: high school graduation or a GED issued by a state department of education; and, four years of para-professional engineering support work, as defined by the area to which assigned.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills. Experience working in a collaborative team environment. Experience reviewing contracts, agreements, financial documents, corporate paperwork, and/or other documents and forms pertaining to the land development bonding process. Ability to read site construction plans and have knowledge and understanding of how sites are developed in Fairfax County. Experience using land development and inspection software.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIREMENTS:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Is required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
The following duties are performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lift heavy items/plans up to 50 pounds with or without assistance;
- Manual dexterity to retrieve and file documents;
- Crouch, bend, stoop, and twist upper body to maneuver in work station;
- Manual dexterity to operate keyboard driven equipment.
Panel interview, may include written exercise.It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.