Associate Engineer, Asset Provisioning
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Ensure that satellite configuration is optimized to maintain an operational environment which supports the designated role and beam strategy. Recommend and implement changes that ensure that service performance meets customers' expectations. Support and implement capacity grooming plans, transitions and various other projects.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- This role is subject to EAR you must be a "US Person"
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Communications Engineering, Physics, Math or an equivalent degree
- Some experience (less than one year of experience is typical)
- Knowledge of link budgets
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint and systems adaptability
- This is an On-Call position, you must be available during assigned on call hours
- Willingness to occasionally work additional hours to meet business needs
- Desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Effective interpersonal skills and well developed communication skills (oral, written, listening)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and handle multiple projects
- Under the Manager's supervision analyze, approve, and issue transmission plan updates for customer leases
- Under the Manager's supervision coordinate the configuration of spacecraft payload to support commercial opportunities and support an optimal noise environment.
- Maintain accuracy of service loading in the inventory system at the link level.
- Support the implementation tactical & strategic grooming projects which optimize utilization of satellite capacity.
- Support and coordinate various plans and activities as required.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.