Senior Support Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Intelsat's Senior Application Engineer is a key position on the Client Value Tools team that supports the users of the company's RF Engineering applications. We are looking for a customer-focused individual with RF Engineering experience to lead customer support and adoption activities.
The position will build relationships with users and stakeholders of all levels and is an opportunity to deepen your engineering skills and business understanding. You will learn the details of Intelsat's RF applications, for our current and next generation of satellites, as you train users on new features, prioritize bug fixes, and make recommendations on needed enhancements.
- Learn business processes and how Intelsat's RF Engineering applications are used to drive these processes.
- Work closely with users, IT development, engineers, and other groups as needed to investigate root causes to reported issues. Triage and escalate issues as needed. Document resolutions to common problems.
- Support requirements gathering and analysis for enhancements needed to improve user experience or to handle changes in telecommunications technology/business processes.
- Lead User Acceptance Testing activities including writing test cases and coordinating stakeholder feedback.
- Create Training Plans to ensure smooth roll-outs of new features. Create support/training materials and deliver training sessions as needed.
- Represent Client Values Tools team in planning meetings to coordinate application development priorities.
- Work with other team members to create and maintain consistent support, testing, and training processes.
- Provide support for other team-supported applications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Requires Bachelor's Degree with at least three years of relevant experience in satellite communications or telecommunications.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of RF communications, Satellite Link Budget Analysis, and antenna design fundamentals.
- Demonstrate aptitude to learn proprietary systems and software programs.
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in dealing with and seeking creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work occasional extended or overnight hours based on department activity.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.