Human Resources Generalist II
6 days left
- Full Time
The job of HR Generalist II (Benefits, Compensation, and Substitute Employment) supports various components of human resources administration, from tracking and documentation of benefits and related pay to staffing support.
This job reports to Director of Compensation & Benefits.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Certifications and Licenses: HR Certification preferred.
- Experience: At least 5 years of work experience in a professional services setting.
- Manages all types of leave such as Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Short and Long Term Child Care Leave, Leave of Absence, Personal and Family Illness, Donated Leave and other federal, state, and ACPS leave laws and policies to track and classify leave, and to comply with all legal requirements. Maintains a variety of files and records to provide documentation in accordance with administrative and legal requirements.
- Coordinates Leave without Pay and Short and Long Term Disability plan to ensure employees receive benefits in timely and accurate manner, including preparation of monthly disability invoice.
- Coordinates with Employee Relations regarding American Disability Act (ADA) as needed.
- Manages the Workers' Compensation program to track employee's leave, liaise with third party administrator, and ensure that work restrictions are accommodated.
- Prepares the Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illness (OSHA 300/A) report annually and posts the report in accordance with OSHA guidelines and reporting results to OSHA and Virginia Department of Labor as necessary.
- Maintains HR email accounts (HRBenefits & ESSHR) to track employee-initiated changes to HR/Payroll system and respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits and other concerns.
- Provides back-up and support for Compensation and Benefits in HR/Payroll system as needed. For example, input new employee information in ERP system during major hiring efforts to ensure accurate and timely delivery of pay and correct benefit plan enrollment.
- Maintains compensation and benefits communication materials on ACPS website, including Blackboard, as needed.
- Updates HR forms and documents annually and as needed to ensure that the forms are complete and accurate.
- Manages Substitute Assignment Manager (SAM) system and coordinates with school administrators and administrative staff to ensure staff listings are correct, absences are filled, and substitute pay is processed timely and accurately.
- Track long term substitute assignments to ensure pay is issued at correct rate and compliance with Code of Virginia.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. reports, graphs and charts, slides, etc.) to document activities, provide written reference and/or convey information and assist in presentations in subject areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.