HRIS & Benefits Administrator
The incumbent is responsible for managing ASHA's Human Resources Information Systems and helps us leverage the power of all of this data by providing descriptive analytics (what happened), diagnostic analytics (why did it happen), and predictive analytics (what will happen). The incumbent provides day-to-day administrative support for our benefits package and helps staff understand what is being provided to them and how to access the benefits. HR team members share goals and work closely together, so the incumbent is expected to be involved in all aspects of human resources.
- Manage ASHA's Human Resources Information Systems which includes but is not limited to maintaining employee computer files and records and other supporting documentation of employee data, developing and running queries and reports, conducting ongoing audit and quality assurance to ensure data integrity. Plans for the implementation of new software and all upgrades and performs testing Develops reports for the purpose of communicating with employees and others, determining organizational impact, and facilitating decision making.
- Administers benefits programs to include managing our online enrollment system and the transfer of data to carriers, reconciling and requesting payment of all invoices, ACA reporting, communicating benefits information to staff and their families, and resolving enrollment and claims issues.
- Support the employment function which includes but is not limited to posting vacancies, sorting and acknowledging incoming resumes, testing applicants, checking references, maintaining I9’s, preparing offer letters, performing employment verifications, processing terminations, conducting exit interviews, and new employee orientation.
- Provide support to other human resources functions which includes, but is not limited to, maintaining ASHA’s employee handbook and other communication materials, completing compensation surveys, coordinating the completion of award applications, providing data to prepare the budget, tracking expenditures, and paying bills.
- Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- BA or BS in Human Resources
- 3–5 years of Human Resources experience including two or more years working with a HRIS and two or more years of benefits administration
- PHR preferred
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR processes including employment laws, eligibility and enrollment rules, benefit administration and ACA reporting in order to ensure correct implementation
- Demonstrated advanced skills with Excel and other Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated project management experience preferred
- Demonstrated skill in gathering and interpreting information to determine organizational impact in making business decisions
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to manage interactions with and between others with the specific goal of providing service and contributing to organizational success
- Demonstrated ability to effectively exchange and create a free flow of information with and among various stakeholders at all levels of the organization to produce impactful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices