Occasional travel - Some domestic and overseas travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Position may be eligible for telework.
- In accordance with Office of Government Ethics regulations concerning conflict of interest, the incumbent of this position will be required to submit a financial disclosure report within 30 days of their effective date of appointment and annually thereafter.
- The work is performed in an office setting and does not impose any unusual risks or discomforts to the employee.
The work is primarily sedentary; some domestic and overseas travel may be required.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including the following specialized experience and/or education, as identified by grade level.
Degree: economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
FOR THE GS-15 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-14 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Gather data, develop a model, and validate statistical tools used for measuring the impact of legislation on international trade of commodities.
- Administer statistical tools and econometric models that serve to provide an assessment of the economic impact of supply and demand factors affecting the trade of agricultural products.
- Perform impact analysis using statistical analysis and econometric tools, so as to provide an assessment of the economic impact of particular legislation with considerable economic complications.
- Produce summary reports of statistical analysis and serve as authoritative technical advisor, within the area of assignment, in the highest councils of Government or private sector organizations.
- Analyze, develop and present technical information regarding the state of the economy, informed interpretation of observed economic phenomena, and evaluations and forecasts of economic movements, with an emphasis on factors affecting commodity prices and international demand for agricultural goods.
(Note: There is no education substitution for this grade level.)
TRANSCRIPTS are required if:
- This position requires specific coursework or a degree in a specific field to be basically qualified.
- This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-15 GRADE LEVEL: Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for that grade level. To learn more about combining education and experience for this series, click the following: Combining Education and Experience for Professional and Scientific Positions
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible see https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- More than one selection may be made if another vacancy occurs within 90 days of the issuance of the certification of eligibles. The additional selection(s) may be made from other division(s) not listed in the vacancy announcement.
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDAs TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
- Direct Deposit – Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of your choosing.
- E-Verify: Federal law requires agencies to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. If you are selected as a newly hired employee, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS E-VERIFY system. Under the system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: http://www.chcoc.gov/transmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?TransmittalID=6465
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures using category rating. The category rating procedure is used to rank and select eligible candidates. Applicants who meet basic minimum qualifications will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Category placement will be determined on applicants' quality of experience and the extend they possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) or competencies:
- Professional knowledge of economics/ agricultural economics
- Ability to use and apply microeconomic theory, including price analysis, industrial organization theory, and market theory
- Ability to develop and implement econometric and statistical procedures and models
- Knowledge of computer applications pertaining to econometric and statistical analysis
- Ability to formulate, plan, organize, and implement economic research studies, investigations, and projects
- Ability to communicate technical (research methods and results) and non-technical information verbally and in writing
- Leadership and supervisory skills
Your application, including the online Assessment Questionnaire, will be reviewed to determine if you meet (a) minimum qualification requirements and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your resume must clearly support your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position. Those determined to be in the best qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to and including removal from the Federal Service.
To view the application form, visit: https://fas.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=F2ED457D-2DAA-4CB3-9207-A88000D21D21 Read more Security clearance Secret