Contract Specialist (Promotion potential may vary by position.)
5 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Travel requirements will vary based upon the position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level)
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
Basic Requirement for GS-1102-05 through 12 levels:
A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field; or at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Exception Provision : If you occupied a GS-1102 position at the GS-5 through GS-12 on January 1, 2000, you are considered to meet the basic requirement.
In addition to the requirements listed above, applicants must meet the following for each of the grade levels covered in this posting:
GS-7 Level - The GS-7 salary range starts at $41,365.00* per year. Generally, first time appointees to Federal civilian service have their salary set at the beginning rate of the grade for which they are selected; unless prior approval has been received to adjust the salary based on superior qualifications of the applicant. Salary will be based upon the location where you are selected.
Specialized Experience:Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience performing routine or developmental contracting assignments such as monitoring contractor performance for compliance with contract requirements, planning or carrying-out pre-award and/or post-award procurement actions, and resolving common procurement-related issues or problems. OR
Education: Applicants must have one of the following:
- Completed at least one full year of graduate level education (18 semester hours or the equivalent); OR
- Completed all the requirements for a Bachelor`s degree from an accredited college or university plus meet the Superior Academic Achievement provision. Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying at the GS-7 level. For information on what constitutes SSA, refer to Section 4-F at the following OPM Website: General Policies
GS-9 Level - The GS-9 salary range starts at $50,598.00* per year. Generally, first time appointees to Federal civilian service have their salary set at the beginning rate of the grade for which they are selected; unless prior approval has been received to adjust the salary based on superior qualifications of the applicant. Salary will be based upon the location where you are selected.
Specialized Experience: Specialized experience is defined as experience assisting in the performance of recurring and developmental contracting assignments using your organization's acquisition regulations and/or policies and must have demonstrated two or more of the following pre-award and/or post award processes:
- Using common contract vehicles (i.e. purchase orders, blanket purchase agreements, etc.) to plan and carry out acquisition actions;
- Evaluating vendor offers for both technical and price/cost factors to ensure best value to the organization/agency;
- Negotiating contracts, orders and/or modifications that are based upon previous examples/templates;
- Responding to and resolving common acquisition issues/questions.
Education: Applicants must have a Master's or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B. or J.D., or 2 academic years of progressively higher level graduate education in a related field. OR
Combination of Education & Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education (beyond the Bachelor's Degree) and specialized experience (as described above) that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.
*Please Note- The salary listed in this announcement is based on the Auburn Washington locality pay scale, if the position is filled in another locality pay area, the corresponding pay table would be used. The following link to the 2018 OPM Pay Tables provides the locality pay for each geographic area: 2018 OPM General Schedule Pay Tables.
Who we are looking for:
Talented, motivated individuals who are looking to build their career at GSA, and who will be available to start work in July/August 2018.
Bargaining Unit status: VARIES BASED UPON POSITION
If you are selected at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without having to re-apply or compete against other applicants.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
If you are selected, you will participate in a developmental program. You will be given assignments and training to prepare you to be successful in the position.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be reviewed to determine whether you have: (a) demonstrated you meet the qualifications for the position; (b) provided all of the required documentation for consideration; and (c) whether you are among the candidates referred to the selecting official for consideration.
A variety of assessments/assessment tools may be used to evaluate candidates for specific vacancies covered by this announcement. Candidates will be notified when further assessments are implemented and provided with instructions on how to access and complete the assessment(s).
This position is a Luevano-covered position. Eligible applicants applying under the following authorities for the GS-5 & 7 grade levels must take and pass the Administrative Careers With America (ACWA) assessment as part of the qualifications/rating process: Veterans Employment Opportunity Authority (VEOA), 30% Disabled Veterans Authority, Military Spouse Authority and, non-competitive authority to hire Peace Corps returnees and AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America). Once assessed, these applicants are evaluated in the method described above.
To preview questions please click here.