7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Incumbent may be required to fly in a military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary/permanent duty assignments.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
· ELEMENT A: Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision -- What work can you do by yourself without the help of a boss or supervisor? Give examples of the kinds of instructions your supervisor gives you when you start a task. Tell about experience you have had that shows you can work on the basis of your own judgment.
· ELEMENT B: Ability To Use And Maintain Tools and Equipment -- List the hand tools, power tools, specialized tools, and related support equipment that you have used and give brief examples of the work performed with each.
· ELEMENT C: Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, and Repair -- List the kind of equipment you have had to assemble, make, install, test, or repair. Give examples of the work you performed on the equipment such as assemble, disassemble, install, test, maintain, repair, troubleshoot, calibrate, modify, and design.
· ELEMENT F: Knowledge of Technical Practices -- Give examples of your work experience that required inventing new methods to do tasks that could not be done in regular ways. State trade theory or technical principles you are familiar with which must be understood to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Give examples of up-to-date trade practices. Also, give examples of your work which required precise timing, accurate dimensions, or precise fit.
· ELEMENT I: Use Of Test Equipment And Measuring Instruments -- List the measuring instruments and/or test equipment that you have used and briefly describe for what purpose you used each.
· ELEMENT J: Troubleshooting -- Give examples of your experience troubleshooting equipment. Show the extent to which you had to understand the entire system to isolate the problem. Tell extent of danger to equipment if incorrectly handled while troubleshooting. Give examples of the more difficult troubleshooting you have done.
· ELEMENT K: Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, Blueprints --What kind of instructions, specification or directives have you had to interpret? Be sure to describe experience in interpreting new instructions or specifications concerning changes in operational procedures. How frequent were changes? On what jobs did you have to interpret manufacturers' guides, catalogues, technical manuals, drawings, blueprints, charts or maps? Give examples of the more difficult instructions, etc. you had to interpret.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Individuals on active duty may apply 120 days before separation date and should indicate in their application their military separation date. Reservists who are mobilized may submit a copy of their mobilization orders or a statement in their application stating they are available within 120 days.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the "Highly Qualified" or "Best Qualified" Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring under this announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection. Please clearly identify in your application that you are a military spouse preference applicant.
All Federal Employees are required by PL 104-134 to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Please note if duplicate/multiple application materials are submitted, we will consider the most recent submission as the one of record. If you do not meet the screen out questions, you will not receive any further consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
You will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience meets the Job Elements for the position and rated as shown below. Additional points are not added for veterans' preference; however, preference is still applied. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans within the same quality category. Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire. You will receive a rating based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. The rating is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the Job Elements required of this position. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified- Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position. Highly Qualified- Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position. Qualified- Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.