Assistant Director, Sports Information - Hoya Athletics - Hoya Athletics
Assistant Director, Sports Information - Hoya Athletics
The Assistant Director for Sports Information assists in all aspects of public relations for assigned sports, including pre- and post-game coverage, proactive and reactive media efforts; and maintenance of dissemination of all statistics. Reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director for Communications, the Assistant Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
Media Relations/Program Coverage
- Acts as the liaison between the Hoya Athletics and the media.
- Serves as one of a group of key personnel for game-day management.
- Travels with athletics teams to contests held away from Georgetown, as assigned.
- Reports and communicates the ongoing development of assigned sports - to include the reporting of game results, special interest stories, player profiles and other information of interest to the constituents of assigned sport programs; and disseminates the information to the media, Hoyas Unlimited and GeorgetownHoyas.com, the Hoya Athletics website.
- Compiles and disseminates statistics for a number of sports.
- Recruits, trains and supervises relevant statistical crews.
- Researches, writes and creates media guides, game programs, pre-post season guides, releases, game notes and stories for all assigned sports.
- Coordinates Hoya Athletics' photographic requirements for media guides.
Oversight of GUHoyas.com
Distributes information on GeorgetownHoyas.com, innovating and improving the University's presence on the web and making sure that Sports Information reports games and athletic program developments in a way that enhances the overall brand.
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in communications, public relations, journalism or other appropriate field.
- Strong writing, interpersonal communication, and computer skills
- Willingness and availability to work a great deal of overtime, including evenings and weekends
- 1 year of full-time experience in sports information or athletic communications within intercollegiate athletics
- Knowledge of desktop publishing (such as Adobe Creative Suite) and statistical programs utilized for various sports (such as StatCrew)
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.