Senior Analyst, Business and Reporting, Mortgages
7 days left
- Full Time
PenFed is hiring a Senior Analyst, Business and Reporting at our headquarters in Mclean, Virginia. PenFed is hiring a Senior Analyst, Business and Reporting at our headquarters in Mclean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to present and develop complex business analyses that helps drive mortgage strategy and improve operational effectiveness. The incumbent with use industry insight, data mining presentation skills and analytical abilities to translate data into business solutions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Manage, create, upgrade and maintain departmental ad hoc and scheduled reports for the mortgage origination system, the PFCU Data Warehouse and Departmental databases while ensuring that they are distributed in a timely manner. Monitors the reporting function and product and procedural changes within the department to ensure that product information and loan criteria are current.
* Provide input and technical support for the design and development of database systems, including input screen’s, documentation, graphs and charts which are used to manage accounts and produce reports involving information from Real Estate Lending and Servicing, other PFCU departments and outside vendors.
* Work with business areas, design and create reports to monitor and measure key business processes on a regular basis. Develop summary reports for all levels of the Real Estate production business area: operational, management and executive level reporting. Uses experience and judgment to call out key trends, emerging opportunities or risks in the business process.
* Develop and administer quality control reporting in order to monitor departmental activity and maintain accuracy for all Mortgage documents and data.
* Maintain current knowledge of changes in federal and state regulations concerning real estate related lending and changes in guidelines initiated by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) and other Federal and state government agencies.
* Create quantifiable business cases for new products or processes and form data driven arguments for specific business actions.
* Responsible for coordinating with other analysts, project managers and executives to ensure work requests are completed timely and accurately.
* Assist in developing and mentoring other analysts on the team.
* Will have combined responsibilities of data and business analysis and requires an extensive usage of SQL queries and analysis of large structure and unstructured data sets coming from different sources.
* Responsible for the design, develop departmental reports, and ensure proper production and maintenance of them.
* Work with business users and customers to understand business requirements and functional specifications. Will provide technical support, training and assistance to departmental and outside personnel for the various systems used to monitor department programs.
* Work with Real Estate units to develop reports to monitor business performance and analytics to provide insight to business operations and profitability.
* Develop and use models and analytical techniques to help identify specific areas to gain production efficiencies or enhance profitability.
* Translate advanced analytical techniques and results into understandable terms for non-technical business partners.
* Participate in related special projects.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Data Analytics, Mathematics or Computer Science, that would provide the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions. MS or MBA is highly desirable.
* Minimum of five (5) years’ of related work experience. Experience in using data to illustrate business performance, options and risks. Strong ability to develop materials and explain data to technical and non-technical end users of all levels of the company, from operational to C-level audiences.
* Effective listening, critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to understand business needs and translate them into technical specifications
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, high competency in balancing multiple projects
* Understanding of business process modeling, data provisioning modeling.
* Ability to work independently to meet goals and objectives as well as in cross-functional team environment
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
* Expertise in writing complex SQL queries required. Skilled writing SAS code, using, as well as the SAS BI tools Advanced ability working with large data sets, databases and combining data from various data sources to generate reports and analytics. Significant Microsoft Excel skills and experience.
* Recommended experience with Tableau, DataWatch.
* Preferred experience in the mortgage industry, specifically in mortgage originations/servicing
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.