Senior Telecom Assistance Center Engineer
The U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms is seeking a Senior Telecom Assistance Center Engineer to provide senior level telecommunications support to the Senate community. The ideal candidate will have experience programming an Avaya/Genband CS2100 and strong customer service skills.
Responsibilities will include
- Providing technical mentorship and guidance to Telecom Assistance Center Engineers.
- Working as part of a team to implement new technologies or independently to analyze, test and deploy new technologies.
- Working as part of a team or independently to analyze, guide and recommend solutions to support Senate offices telecommunications needs.
- Producing clear and concise technical and end user documentation.
- Reporting progress on tasks to project technical lead.
- Providing accurate estimates of time to complete technical tasks and adhere to deadlines.
- Assisting Principle Systems Engineer (Voice) with guidance on end user requirements for technical solutions and new voice technologies.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues.
- Updating and managing tickets through multiple ticketing systems.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to management.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and working to establish a positive rapport with the Senate community.
- Ability to translate technical language into laymen’s terms.
- Ability to communicate information to large groups of people.
Examples of work
- Provides direct telecommunications support to the Senate community; assists users in the accurate and timely resolution of technical and administrative problems/requests associated with the Senate’s telecommunications systems.
- Assists with billing and other financial/administrative functions related to telecommunications support and services for the Senate community.
- Creates, processes and closes work requests.
- Programs and tests voice communication phones and systems; configures functions and features; configures analog lines; adds and disconnects telephone numbers; resets accounts.
- Troubleshoots complex voice communication phones and systems; works closely with staff in other sections to resolve escalated issues.
- Acts as a team lead for supporting the TAC; conducts site surveys; configures and decommissions communications systems, phones, and other services as required.
- Provides guidance and support in implementation of new products, ensuring adherence to process and procedures.
- 40 hour work week and may work evenings, holidays and weekends to resolve problems or handle incidents.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in voice or data communications systems; or any equivalent of education and experience.
- Knowledge of CS2100 feature and switch operation, electronic and ISDN digital lines, digital phones, cable distribution, LAN’s, voicemail and Session Initiation Protocol.
- Knowledge of data networking technologies, troubleshooting and test equipment, Ethernet switching and TCP/IP.
- Skill in operating database, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience programming Avaya/Genband CS2100.
- Knowledge and experience with Ventraq’s NetPlus.
- Knowledge and experience with Avaya/Esna OfficeLinx.
- Familiarity with Session Borders Controllers.
- Project Management.
The successful applicant must be both an effective team player and capable of working independently, on occasion on multiple projects simultaneously. This position requires excellent analytical and technical skills, the ability to learn new technologies, and effective verbal and written communication skills. The ability to simultaneously undertake development, maintenance, and support activities is also required.
To be considered for this position, all applicants MUST submit a U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms Application for Employment with a cover letter and current resume to Resumes@saa.senate.gov by February 21, 2018.
The SAA application can be found at: http://www.senate.gov/employment/saa/pdf/Employment_Application.pdf
To view the full vacancy announcement go to: https://s3.amazonaws.com/atds-jobs-production/positions/seniortelecomassistancecenterengineerpdf_2018_2_7_192.pdf
*Note: The application link is case sensitive*
*Application Packages submitted without a U. S. Senate Sergeant at Arms Application will not be considered*
*Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act*