Program Manager, CTR
Program Manager CTR, Cancer, provides administrative project support for the oncology program at Shady Grove Medical Center, with a focus on the Tumor Registry/American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Program. Responsible for aggregating and evaluating data for the tumor registrar, coordination of Quarterly Cancer Committee, drafting correspondences including marketing materials, executive/annual reports, and presentations for multiple programs for Shady Grove Medical Center. You will manage the delivery of high quality data from analyzing cases, data abstraction, and database management from multiple clinical databases. You will also ensure consistency, accuracy, and adherence to state regulations, good clinical practice, and good clinical data management.
This position will work closely with entity leadership, Tumor Registry staff, Oncology staff, and Medical Director to assure that all standards of the Commission on Cancer are being met, or recommends methods to achieve standards, via written action plans, implementation, re-evaluation and modification, as needed. You will provides support for activities related to oncology program growth. Your actions and attitude reflect and contribute to the critical success factors of the organization (i.e. Best place to work,
Additional Responsibilities include:
1. Develop and extract patient clinical data reports from multiple clinical databases, and other health information technology applications for administration, physicians, publication and presentations.
2. Coordinates analyzing of cancer cases, cancer data abstraction, and other database management activities of oncologic patient data information
3. Prepare canned and ad hoc reports, and provide other statistical analysis.
4. Analyze data, coordinate and create detailed reports utilizing proprietary and other data base applications.
5. Responsible for completing assigned data requests and coordinates daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines and goals. Registry Shady Grove Adv
6. Job requires a moderate level of problem-solving. However, the problems are usually not very complex. Standard methods, guides, and procedures are generally available. It is necessary to effectively explain & interpret information for others inside the hospital. Your work is occasionally performed according to existing problems & instructions, but often requires analysis of problems and development solutions. This involves determining appropriate methods and task sequences.
7. Familiarity with Metriq cancer registry software, Cerner and MOSAIQ EMR preferred.
1) Bachelors degree in health-related field is preferred.
2) 3 to 5 years relevant experience in a hospital, state, or free standing cancer registry or equivalent oncology related data collection activity. Strong computer literacy including command of Microsoft office suite (PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Word, etc). Proficiency with cancer registry data base applications. Strong customer service skills including effective verbal, written and graphical communications. Ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines.
3) Approximately six to twelve months to gain familiarity with the Hospital environment, department routines and procedures, and the full range of job duties.
4) Certification as Tumor Registrar (CTR).
This is a full time position.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser