Deployed Geospatial Analyst
Booz Allen Hamilton has been at the forefront of strategy and technology for more than 100 years. Today, the firm provides management and technology consulting and engineering services to leading Fortune 500 corporations, governments, and not-for-profits across the globe. Booz Allen partners with public and private sector clients to solve their most difficult challenges through a combination of consulting, analytics, mission operations, technology, systems delivery, cybersecurity, engineering and innovation expertise.
Deployed Geospatial Analyst
You're an expert in analyzing geospatial and imagery data, but you don't want to sit behind the same desk all day - you want to interact directly with the warfighters, in-country. We're looking for you, a geospatial analyst who can provide geospatial and imagery analysis on a rotating deployment schedule. On a 4 to 6-month rotation, you'll operate from Springfield, Virginia, then deploy to OCONUS locations. You will have the opportunity to provide support in-theater, to work with and understand the needs of your end customers. Using tools like ArcGIS, QT Modeler, and SocetSet, you will take data from multiple sources to provide geospatial and imagery intelligence solutions including density graphics, heat maps, and terrain analyses.
You'll also have opportunities to expand your skills with technical training to build your own tool kit and learn new technologies like full motion video (FMV), Python Scripting, and JEMA Modeling. Whether deploying individually, or as a team, your direct support to in-theater operations will provide you with the continuous insight and feedback from the warfighters who depend on your products and analysis.
Deployment incentives may apply.
You'll have the opportunity to connect in Communities of Excellence with others doing similar work, because we know that creativity is contagious, and when you don't have to recreate the wheel, you can focus on new challenges. Benefit from our Digital University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Be empowered by our latest tools and technology, or take advantage of our tuition assistance. Take your creative ideas to the next level by applying to our Tech Innovators Program, which offers funding and time to explore your own interests.
- 3+ years of experience with geospatial analysis
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, TerraExplorer/Builder, RemoteView, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VBA or equivalent object-oriented programming or scripting language, or Oracle and equivalent appropriate software used to analyze geospatial data
- Knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes, and sensors
- Ability to read and comprehend intelligence issues and military affairs and use GIS to develop geospatial intelligence reports and products that solve problems
- Ability to deploy to CENTCOM and AFRICOM AOR for up to 6 months
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with the extraction of feature data using NTM, Mapping, Charting and Geodesy (MC&G) Stereo Imagery, Digital Point Positioning Database (DPPDB) or Orth Rectified Mono Equivalent, including Precise Terrain and Ortho Product (PTOP), Mr. Sid Orth Rectified Geotiffs (MSOG), Precise Orth Rectified Image Datasets (POl D), and Controlled Image Base (CIB)
- Experience with identifying, compiling, and assessing geospatial and imagery data sets in support of requirements
- Previous deployment experience
- Experience in the military or with providing demonstrated support to military operations
- Knowledge of the NGA tasking and collection process
- Knowledge of NGA and the intelligence community (IC)
- Ability to create, update, and manage geospatial information system databases and products
- Ability to perform geospatial analysis and present results in the form of datasets, visualization, and models for inclusion in standard and formalized intelligence analysis products
- Ability to conduct quality control checks without significant errors
- Ability to use a variety of geospatial analysis software suites to accomplish the mission, including ESRI, ArcGIS, SocetSet, and Socet for ArcGIS software, NGA specified digital data formats, including commercial imagery, panchromatic data, spectral data, and SAR/OPIR data, programming in Visual Basic, and GIS and photogrammetry work
- Possession of excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, database entry, and graphics design principles skills
- Possession of excellent customer service skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Integrating a full range of consulting capabilities, Booz Allen is the one firm that helps clients solve their toughest problems by their side to help them achieve their missions. Booz Allen is committed to delivering results that endure.
We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet.#LI-AH1, AFH16, CB13, GD13, TMJ16