6 days left
- Full Time
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Serves as a resource to others regarding relevant regulations, guidelines, laws, and directives
2. Provides policy oversight to ensure that Agency activities adhere to all applicable business and industry policies, laws, and guidelines
3. Negotiates and authorizes contracts with outside organizations to fulfill Agency requirements
4. Applies decision making techniques in complex situations to include anticipating and recognizing best practices and choosing options to maximize benefits to the office, directorate, or Agency
5. Researches and compares companies competing for Agency contracts and makes recommendations based on past performance, technical capability, cost, and availability
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Understanding of the contracting procedures, types, and methods applicable to formal advertising, negotiation, simplified, and commercial acquisitions, including firm-fixed price, labor hour, T&M, and cost contracts.
2. Understanding of contracting methods, contracting principles, laws, statutes, Executive Orders, regulations and procedures applicable to pre/post award actions.
Individual Occupational Requirements
This is an individual qualification standard developed by the Office of Federal Procurement Policy under the authority of 41 U.S.C. 433. It does not apply to Department of Defense positions.
Basic Requirements for GG-5 through GG-12
1. A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field;
2. At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Applicants who meet the criteria for Superior Academic Achievement qualify for positions at the GG-7 level.
The following table shows the amounts of education and/or experience required to qualify for positions GG-7 thorough GG-12 covered by this standard.
• Education: 1 full academic year of graduate education or law school or superior academic achievement
• Specialized Experience: 1 year equivalent to at least GG-5
• Education: 2 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or masters or equivalent graduate degree or LL.B. or J.D.
• Specialized Experience: 1 year equivalent to at least GG-7
• Education: 3 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
• Specialized Experience: 1 year equivalent to at least GG-9
GG-12 and above
• (No educational equivalent)
• 1 year equivalent to at least next lower grade level
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable.
Graduate Education. To qualify for GG-1102 positions on the basis of graduate education, graduate education in one or a combination of the following fields is required: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Note - For positions at GG-7 through GG-12, applicants who are qualifying based on experience must possess at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the next lower level,
that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the work of the position, in addition to meeting the basic requirements in paragraph A or B, above.
1. Exceptions: Employees in GG-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. Employees who occupy GG-1102 positions at grades 5 through 12 will be considered to meet the basic requirements for other GG-1102 positions up to and including those classified at GG-12. This includes positions at other agencies and promotions up through grade 12. However, employees must meet specialized experience requirements when seeking another position.
Basic Requirements for GG-13 and Above
1. Completion of all mandatory training prescribed by the head of the agency for progression to GG-13 or higher level contracting positions, including at least 4-years' experience in contracting or related positions. At least 1 year of that experience must have been specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the next lower level of the position, and must have provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the work of the position.
2. A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
3. Exceptions: Employees in GG-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. This also applies to positions at the same grade in the same agency or other agencies if the specialized experience requirements are met. However, they will have to meet the basic requirements and specialized experience requirements in order to qualify for promotion to a higher grade, unless granted a waiver under Paragraph D.
4. Waiver: When filling a specific vacant position, the senior procurement executive of the
selecting agency, at his or her discretion, may waive any or all of the requirements of
Paragraphs A and B above if the senior procurement executive certifies that the applicant
possesses significant potential for advancement to levels of greater responsibility and
authority, based on demonstrated analytical and decision making capabilities, job
performance, and qualifying experience. With respect to each waiver granted under this
Paragraph D, the senior procurement executive must document for the record the basis of the waiver. If an individual is placed in a position in an agency on the basis of a waiver, the agency may later reassign that individual to another position at the same grade within that agency without additional waiver action.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI