Student Trainee (Auditor)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- A Public Trust background investigation is required.
- Accepted for/currently enrolled in a qualified educational institution.
Applicants must have an academic major in accounting, business administration, finance, or public administration.
Applicants must have successful completion of two (2) full academic years (60 semester hours) of post-high school study or an associate's degree.
- You must meet the definition of a STUDENT for the duration of your appointment as follows: An individual accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree (high school, college (4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate) in a qualifying and accredited educational institution, on a full or half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled), including awardees of the Harry S. Truman Foundation Scholarship Program under Public Law 93-842. Students need not be in actual physical attendance, so long as all other requirements are met. An individual who needs to complete less than the equivalent of half an academic/vocational or technical course-load immediately prior to graduating is still considered a student for purposes of this Program.
- GPA: Every semester, candidates must maintain good academic standing with an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- If selected, you will be required to sign a Pathways Program Participant Agreement.
- If selected, you may be required to serve a trial period.
- Multiple schedules may be available. The selectee will generally work 12 hours a week.
- This position is eligible for conversion to a permanent position upon successful program completion. However, it is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee you will be offered a permanent position.
- Once applications are submitted, applicants will not be able to change their responses to the occupational questionnaire.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- We may fill like positions within 12 months of the close of the announcement.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and documentation outlined in the Required Documents section of the announcement. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume will result in a not qualified determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Analytical Skills
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation