Child and Youth Program Assistant CY-01/02 (Fort Meade CYS Recruitment Fair)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf).
2. Appointment is subject to completion and favorable results of fingerprints.
3. Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion and favorable results of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15m, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation (CNACI) is required to determine suitability for this position.
4. Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion and favorable results of Installation Record Checks to determine suitability for this position.
5. Successful completion of Entry Level training requirements within prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required before non-competitive advancement to the next level of responsibility (CYPA Skill Level 3).
6. Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations IAW current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
7. Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
8. Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
9. Schedule may include irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends.
10. Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors.
11. Incumbent is legally required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect.
12. Individuals who have been trained will be required to administer routine and rescue medications prescribed by a physician to children/youth, perform CPR and first aid, and aid in providing a reasonable accommodation to children/youth with a special need.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
To see additional information about the major duties and responsibilities of the higher paying levels to include qualification requirements:
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Skill Level 3), CY-1702-01: please click here.
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Target Level 4), CY-1702-02: please click here.
All qualified applicants will be referred based on minimum qualifications, however selections could occur for the highest level. (e.g. Target Level)
Please submit a copy of your High School Diploma and/or GED with your application package to support your qualifications for this position. Failure to supply a High School Diploma and/or GED with your application package will result in disqualification for this position.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)