Senior Qualified Financial Contract Specialist, CG-1101-14
25% or less - This position requires overnight travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation benefits will be provided.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Registration with the Selective Service.
Employee may be relocated to any duty location to meet management needs.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade CG-13 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience structuring and analyzing Qualified Financial Contracts (QFCs) of various types; structuring and implementing a hedging strategy for residential mortgage loan pipelines including the use of TBA forward contracts and whole loan sale contracts; developing, implementing and reviewing transactional documents for various QFCs, other securities and related assets; and experience developing and managing projects involving financial-asset liquidation or disposition transactions.
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
If selected, you may be required to serve a probationary period.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
- Ability to utilize QFCs in the management of business lines and lending facilities.
- Knowledge of QFCs, including interest rate swaps, options, forwards, futures, foreign exchange contracts, securities repurchase agreements, securities forward sale contracts, mortgage loan forward sale agreements, commodities contracts, and credit default swaps; and/or residential mortgage pipeline hedging, and various QFC documentation, contracts and confirmations governing QFCs, such as ISDA agreements, whole loan sale agreements, collateral agreements, and guaranties.
- Knowledge of economic and financial principles affecting and related to capital markets instruments, including transaction structures and cash flows.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret capital markets policies and procedures relating to marketing and sale of capital market assets and the valuation of financial assets, and ability to resolve problems in management and disposition of securities products using asset marketing/analysis function knowledge.
- Knowledge of commercial law relating to entity bankruptcy or insolvency.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation