Contracting Officer Specialist
6 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must have the experience, knowledge and skills as listed in EACH of the evaluation factors. Failure to demonstrate that you meet all of the evaluation factor requirements as listed below will result in a score of zero (0); an ineligible status, and you will not be referred for further consideration. You must clearly address each one of these factors in your resume or cover letter. Resumes should not exceed 2 pages.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the Federal Acquisition Regulations, Postal Service Supplying Principles and Practices, and/or other federal acquisition policies, processes, and procedures.
- Experience working with multiple contract types and arrangements, such as Labor Hour, Time and Material, Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity, Basic Ordering Agreements, multiple award contracts, incentive contracts, performance based contracting.
- Extensive experience in cost and price analysis and developing Business Clearances or Pre-negotiation Memorandums.
- Superior customer service skills, including the ability to work with a team and develop and maintain effective working relationships with others from within and outside the agency with differing backgrounds and points of view.
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively juggle multiple, competing requirements.
Failure to demonstrate that you meet all evaluation factor requirements will result in a score of zero (0). Upon receipt of a zero score, you will be deemed "not minimally qualified," and you will not be referred for further consideration.
You must meet ALL of the minimum qualifications listed below.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, with at least 24 semester hours in subject related to purchasing, such as accounting, business, finance, commercial (business) law, economics, quantitative analysis, marketing, contracting or purchasing, organization, or management
- At least five years of specialized experience in contracting
- Current of past certification (within the past 2 years) as a Contracting Officer at a federal department, agency, or establishment
- Experience using PRISM
- Certified Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level II, FAC-C Level II, CPCM, CPFM, Institute of Supply Management (ISM) certification or equivalent Postal Service certification
- Experience with Postal Service contracting policies, rules, and practices.
Education must be accredited by an institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation here: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred. Special Instructions for Candidates with Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in U.S. education programs. You must submit all necessary documents to a private U.S. credential evaluation service to interpret equivalency of your education against courses given in U.S. accredited colleges and universities. For further information visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the USPS OIG. We offer a broad array of benefits programs:
Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Care Insurances with Flexible Spending options.
For more information about these programs visit www.opm.gov/insure.
Retirement and Thrift Savings. For more information about these programs see www.opm.gov/retire and http://www.tsp.gov/.
Flexible Work Schedules. USPS OIG offers a range of family friendly flexibilities including flexible work schedules, telework and employee assistance programs.
Leave and Holidays. In addition to 10 paid holidays each year, you will earn 13 days of paid sick leave and 13 to 26 paid vacation days each year depending on your years of service.
For further information, please refer to our website at:
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status: Exempt (Nonexempt employees are entitled to overtime pay; Exempt employees are not).
This agency provides Reasonable Accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please call 703-248-2210. The decision on granting an accommodation request will be made on a case by case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Human Resources Office will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required for this position. You will no longer be considered for this position if you: receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor; fail to attach all required documentation; if your application materials indicate that you are not minimally-qualified for this position; or if you fail to qualify on the interview. Only the top-rated candidates will be referred to a review official or the selecting official for further consideration. If your questionnaire responses are not adequately substantiated, the review official will amend your rating to more accurately reflect the level of competency indicated. Top-rated applicants may be required to participate in an interview. Your rating may be further adjusted or rated as ineligible by the review official or the selecting official based on your interview performance. Once all applicant scores are finalized, the selecting official will make a final decision. NOTE: If you receive a zero (0) rating on any evaluation factor or on the interview, you will be considered NOT MINIMALLY QUALIFIED for the position and rated ineligible.Read more Security clearance Other