Client Communications Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-09 salary range starts at $56,233per year. The GS-11 salary range starts at $68,036per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify at the GS-09 level:
- You must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is researching and writing articles for employee or community communications; developing web-based articles and website content in a corporate, government or organizational environment; working with desktop publishing and creative software to create computer-based training modules; preparing various communication materials such as: publication articles, facts, position papers, and information on websites; assisting in delivering select portions of immediate, short- and long-range communications projects;OR
- You must have a master's or equivalent level degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or an LL.B. or JD, if related; OR
- You must possess a combination of graduate level education and appropriate experience that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.
- You must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is providing advice and guidance on an organization's communications to both external and internal customers; assisting in developing and implementing communication strategies; assisting in facilitating stakeholder meetings; creating and presenting briefing materials; developing various communication materials such as: publication articles, fact sheets, position papers, and information on websites; OR
- You must possess 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education or PhD or equivalent doctoral degree; OR
- You must have a combination of graduate level education beyond the first 2 years of graduate study and appropriate experience that together meet the qualification requirements for this position.
Bargaining Unit status: NFFE
If you are selected at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without having to re-apply or compete against other applicants.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of customer relationship management tools, initiatives and evolving software tools to aid in varied business assessments and customer needs management.
- Knowledge of established communications concepts, methods, principles and practices.
- Ability to manage projects, priorities and requirements; with competing deadlines.
- Skill in written communications to develop and prepare communication documents.
- Knowledge of client relationship management tools, initiatives and evolving software tools that aid in varied business assessments and client needs management.
- Knowledge of a wide range of communications concepts, methods, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to manage project, priorites and requirements; with competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of writing and editing methods and techniques as well as established protocols required to prepare newsletters, webinars, client conferences, formal briefing papers, reports.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation