Software Engineer- Oracle Applications
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Intelsat is seeking Software Engineer (Oracle Applications) to serve as a key member of the Application Development team to maintain and perform hands-on development in R12 version of Oracle E-Business Suite.
This role will be responsible for providing day to day production support as well as implementation and maintenance of the Oracle Financials and HRMS modules, workflows, interfaces and reports.
The activities in this role span the full development lifecycle (design, code, test, and debug) from assessing requirements, to developing PL/SQL procedures, workflow and OAF pages. This role will be responsible to ensure all developed programs adhere to Intelsat's design standards.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Build and support conversions, extensions, interfaces and reports for all Oracle R12 application modules (GL, AP, AR, FA, HRMS, PO, OTL, OSC) based on functional and business needs.
- Collaborate with DBA group and department management on the architecture and design of all product development efforts.
- Develop Oracle application system components based on requirements definitions to promote and ensure re-usability.
- Conduct system analysis and performance profiling to identify critical areas for modification to ensure highest possible quality of code for scalability and performance.
- Support Oracle through timely maintenance updates and active bug resolution with operations personnel.
- Work closely with business users to facilitate system adoption.
- Participate in team meetings and discussions with users to ensure functional and business understanding of required development efforts.
- Deploy customizations and perform application configuration on Oracle modules as needed.
- Create high-quality written deliverables for sign-off by business users and team members, such as design documents, release notes and general maintenance procedures.
Required Skills, Knowledge, And Abilities
•Must have a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field with at least 1 -3 years of full life cycle development experience.
•Must have at least one year of hands on technical experience with Oracle E-Business Suite, 2+ years of experience in Application APls, Workflow and Oracle Developer tool set (Forms/Reports)
• Proficiency level knowledge in Reports, SQL, PL/SQL and in other RDBMS concepts required, as well as knowledge of Oracle configurations / setups for EBS R12, table structures, Schemas and knowledge of accounting concepts
•Experience with Oracle Application Framework and proficiency in Java is a plus
•Must be creative, professional, proactive and interested in new technologies.
•Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical persons.
•Must have the ability to analyze problems and communicate and propose resolutions to issues.
•Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.