Food and Beverage Attendant (Snack Bar) NA-02
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. Must meet state/local age requirements at the time of appointment if serving alcoholic beverages.
2. Ability to work without more than normal supervision.
3. Ability to keep things neat, clean, and in order.
4. Possess basic food preparation and handling techniques.
5. Ability to interpret verbal and written instructions.
6. Knowledge of basic sanitation principles.
7. Ability to use and maintain kitchen tools and equipment.
8. Able to lift and move objects up to forty (40) pounds (occasionally lift and carry objects up to forty-five (45) pounds), and frequently walk, bend, stoop, pull, push and reach.
Skills and Knowledge:
Must have skill and knowledge to perform tasks involving several procedures and be able to concentrate on work assignments despite interruptions and distractions. A working knowledge of sanitation standards is required as well as knowledge of procedures to prevent contamination. Must know basic food handling techniques, personal hygiene standards and safe work procedures. Must have the ability to read and understand written material. Must have knowledge of basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals. Ability to apportion, weigh, and measure foods properly and to use electrical appliances, grills, stoves, ovens, and other common kitchen equipment and utensils. Ability to operate a cash register, run a snack bar and drive a food cart.
Reminder: Your experience has to be clearly identified in your application package/resume in order to receive consideration.
(Format example: Month/Year to Month/Year employment with summary of duties).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
The closing date of this announcement has been extended from 30 April 2018 to now reflect 30 July 2018 to continue to accept applications from candidates.
The closing date of this announcement has been extended from 30 July 2018 to now reflect 30 October 2018 to continue to accept applications from candidates.
**THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE VACANCIES. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL ALL VACANCIES ARE FILLED. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE EXTENDED OR CLOSED PRIOR TO THE CURRENT CLOSING DATE. APPLICANTS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE SELECTING OFFICIAL AS VACANCIES OCCUR. POSITIONS ARE FILLED/REFERRED ON A CONTINUOUS BASIS** Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)