Pathways Intern Student Trainee (Information Technology/APPSW)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Online Assessments and Questionnaire Information:
- Applicants who indicate they meet the minimum qualifications will receive an email invitation to complete online assessments. The invitation will be sent via email from email address assessments@USAHire.opm.gov.
- Please ensure your email account settings will allow an email from a ".gov" email address. If not, the email may appear in a "Spam" or "Junk" folder.
- Please plan to set aside three (3) hours for the assessments; however, most people are expected to complete the assessments in about 90 minutes.
- You must complete all of the required assessments within 48 hours after the close of this Job Announcement to be eligible for this position.
- Your results will be kept on record for use when applying for future jobs that require these assessments. You will not be allowed to re-take an assessment for one year.
- If you have completed all of the required assessments previously and these results may be re-used, you will receive an email stating you have already completed the required assessments.
- For more information, you may view USA Hire Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) at http://www.dfas.mil/dam/dfas/careers/pdf/usahireappfaq.pdf
Please Note: Before attempting to take the assessments, applicants should view sample items to determine if the computer they are using is likely to experience any issues during testing. The sample items can be found at https://usahire.opm.gov/assess/default/sample/Sample.action. If you have questions about the computer requirements or require technical assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org GS-04: One year of generalized experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required. General experience is defined as: progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
GS-04 Substitution of Education for Experience: Two years of successfully completed education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation, or the equivalent, is a prerequisite may be substituted to meet the general experience required. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education, and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found "not qualified".
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. National with the ability to furnish proof of citizenship upon agency request.
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree program or qualified certificate program in a qualifying educational institution.
- Educational enrollment MUST be on a half-time or full-time basis. Half-time basis is defined by the academic institution that the student is enrolled or accepted into.
- Applicants MUST submit a transcript or proof of enrollment with the online application.
- If selected, must sign a Pathways Participant Agreement; be able to furnish course registration information at the start of each school term; and be able to provide verification of academic status (official transcript) at the end of each academic term.
- Students must maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) throughout their appointment to remain in the Program.
PROGRAM COMPLETION AND CONVERSION ELIGIBILITY:
- Upon successful completion of their academic program and the internship program, interns may be converted to a term or permanent position in the competitive service consistent with agency needs, academic achievement, and demonstrated potential. However, future budgetary events, hiring restrictions, or other events may preclude the conversion.
- Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/images/1/14/USA_Hire_Reasonable_Accommodation_FAQs_-_01-26-17.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated based on your responses to the online assessments completed during the application process. You will be assessed on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stress Tolerance
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10123764
Your results on these assessments will be used to place you into one of the three quality categories listed below according to Category Rating and Selection Procedures. In addition, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be used to verify you meet the qualifications for this job. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and may be interviewed prior to selection. You will be notified of the outcome.
- Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualifications as described in the Qualifications section of this announcement.
- Highly Qualified Category - Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency in some of the job-related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category - Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the job related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.