Special Events Coordinator
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required locally and/or nationally.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.Specialized experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the Grade 09 level in the Federal service or comparable pay band system. For this position specialized experience is defined as: coordinating or managing special events (e.g., lunches, dinners, ceremonies, sponsored parties, etc.) for 100 to 1000 for a museum, educational or cultural institution; applying procurement methods to secure goods and services; setting up special events guidelines, procedures and/or protocols; and liaising with outside organizations and vendors.
Or Education: Three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree related to this position may be substituted to meet the experience requirements.
Or a Combination:Education and experience, in part, totaling 100% may be combined to meet the basic qualifications.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Skill in planning, coordinating and executing a wide range of events for a wide range of internal and external organizations and people.
- Ability to identify potential special event co-sponsors and convey event principles and policies to corporate executives, public relations firms, and other special event related businesses.
- Skill in organizational structure of and protocol for dealing with U.S. Government officials, foreign nations, corporate sponsors and private enterprises.
- Skill in written communication in order to establish protocol, policies and procedures, contracts and correspondence.
- Skill in oral communication with high level officials both internal and external to the organization.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience.
Your resume should provide detailed information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation