Regulatory Cerner Analyst
Care. Compassion. Community.
The Regulatory Cerner Analyst will apply expert clinical and technical knowledge of related information systems to the management and communication of data, information and knowledge in clinical practice and administration. The actions and attitudes of the Regulatory Cerner Analyst will promote and support the hospital mission and values, and contribute to the critical success factors of the organization.
1. Performs the activities that support the advancement of clinical and financial practices with the use of technology.
2. Analyzes expected and potential impact of IT on work processes, policies and procedures, coordinates process/workflow redesign efforts to streamline and improve work processes.
3. Provides and manages data that assist in decision support and outcomes management.
4. Participates in the education and training of staff
5. Maintains up to date knowledge of clinical informatics and related technology and software as it relates to clinical and financial practices.
6. Implements informatics solutions and data structures that support the delivery of patient care and reimbursement.
7. Maintains IT system and applications functionality and addresses issues promptly.
8. Promotes the spiritual care mission.
9. Provides leadership in ensuring evidence based workflow and design are used in the evolution of the electronic medical record
10. Assists with the measurement of benefits associated with process redesign and the implementation of technology to support patient care.
11. Leads multi-disciplinary, multi entity service line teams to optimize and enhance the EMR in order to support the delivery of Evidence based clinical and financial care.
Experience in Regulatory Cerner Management solutions
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, minimum of five years clinical experience, and three years of progressive responsibility in information system administration including leadership and participation in implementation of a major information system.
Clinical licensure which may include one of the following : Pharmacist, Lab technologist, Radiology technologist, Respiratory Therapist and Nursing
eCQMs, IQR (Inpatient Quality Reporting) ,OQR (Outpatient Quality Reporting),IPFQR (Inpatient Psych Facility Quality Reporting),Clinical Component and eQuality Check,Uplifts/Upgrades/New Measures, Review of specifications from CMS, TJC, etc., Package Analysis and Package Management, Analysis of current build status against new specifications for needed changes/net new build, Data Collection Documentation
uild in non-prod, train and prod domains using Cerner build tools including but not limited to (Bedrock quality filters, Bedrock Mpage filters, event set hierarchy, DCP tools, Discern Measure Builder, Ops View Scheduler, Ops View Monitor)
Unit/System and IT Test Script Development/updates
Validation of all build
Coordination with Training team for training content development and workflow updates
Validation of lighthouse reporting prior to submission
Demonstration of new products to stakeholders as needed
Operations job management for data abstraction from Cerner to Lighthouse reporting
General Maintenance and daily monitoring of quality products
Experience supporting the various Cerner applications including PowerChart, FirstNet, SurgiNet from the regulatory perspective
Experience in working with technical and application team members as well as end users in the design, configuration, testing and support of Cerner solutions
Familiarity with orders, CPOE, clinical documentation, Cerner Registration, Cerner Scheduling, CPA to support the teams that manage these applications is preferred
Training other team members, end users and creating training materials as needed
Strong CCL skills preferred
Strong troubleshooting skill in resolving regulatory related issues.
Strong understanding of data interchange between multiple healthcare and business applications
Participate in testing events and test script development
Experience in go-live support and post go-live assessment
Strong technical writing skills for the development of policies and procedures
Strong understanding of change control process
Project management skills
Experience working directly with clinicians preferred
Experience creating and maintain design documents, design decision matrix, data collection worksheets
Ability to participate in on-call support rotation
Participate in go-lives and downtimes
Assist with process development and documentation involving multiple departments and teams internally and external,
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.