Quality Assurance Analyst/Trainer
PenFed is hiring a Quality Assurance Analyst/Trainer in Alexandria, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to perform quality assurance reviews on loans in Loss Mitigation by sampling loans to assure that loan documents, system documentation, and decisions meet PenFed, regulatory, and investor guidelines. Additionally, the QA Analyst and Trainer will facilitate and deliver training courses to PenFed’s Loss Mitigation group. These courses will include job specific technical training, compliance, refresher training and training on complex topics.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as
* Perform documentation review of real estate loans prior to closing, to determine that loan was originated within PenFed policy, NCUA, and CFPB regulations.
* Verify that required documents are present or have been completed as required. Validate that system completion adheres to policy.
* Maintain a current knowledge of relevant internal policies and procedures, as well as external (federal and state) regulations concerning real-estate related lending.
* Assist with the development of in-line controls to decrease the incidence of non-compliance.
* Develop QA reporting for use by business, risk, and management functions.
* Deliver training programs to mortgage department employees in areas of product knowledge, policies and procedures, compliance, computer systems, and exceptional member service.
* Present in both live and virtual classroom environments. Monitor trainee attendance and participation, uses tests/ assessments to measure trainees’ comprehension of class material.
* Assist in the implementation of large programs/projects as well as needs assessments based on requests from management to provide customize training or individual guidance to improve and develop performance.
* Provide input into the design and development of training materials, assessments and web-based training modules related to all mortgage positions.
* Provide on the job training as part of the onboarding program as well as support for existing employees as directed in coordination with management requests.
* Update existing modules and as needed and recommend topics for new modules.
* Write and develop content for a range of training materials as needed.
* Solicit and analyze feedback on the effectiveness of training programs and/or trainee performance to ensure learning objectives are achieved.
* Maintain a professional relationship with other departments and regularly assess their needs.
* Generate a positive atmosphere by being a role model and encouraging teamwork.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that provide the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
* Minimum of three (3) years’ of related work experience in training or quality assurance is required.
* Experience within lending industry and strong customer service background is preferred.
* Experience with Mortgage Servicing Systems and Penguin is preferred.
* Knowledge of Windows-based software packages including MS-Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
* Knowledge of web-based authoring or design skills and coursework is preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills is required.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.