The Division of Technology Operations is responsible for life-cycle management of all technology assets throughout the district, managing financial and contractual functions, and development and management of the department budget for the Department of Digital Innovation. Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Technology Operations, the Asset Specialist is responsible for providing innovative approaches to implementing and structuring asset management in a large diverse organization.
The Asset Specialist leads the development and implementation of an asset lifecycle management (ALM) program. This position is responsible for providing historical, current, and forecasted analysis of all technology assets. This position ensures instructional and professional achievement by delivering the ALM process and tools necessary for school-based technology support to maximize instructional uptime, deliver positive client experiences, and serve as a digital innovation advocates.
* Creates and maintains a robust and reliable asset management process in which dispersed teams can accurately and efficiently maintain existing technology inventories.
* Collaborates with department leadership and third-party vendors to deliver an enterprise level ALM solution that includes robust reporting capabilities
* Ensures that all asset management operations are conducted in such a way where a positive client experience is proactively emphasized and successfully delivered
* Develops, maintains, and executes effective auditing through the use of audit preparation checklists, guidelines, templates, and materials to ensure asset records are current and accurate
* Prepare a variety of standard reports to support configuration management, license management, performance metrics, inventory accountability in response to requests from managers and other district staff; Produce ad hoc reports as requested
* Responsible for direct oversight of the receipt and retirement of district technology assets
* Bachelor's degree in the field of information technology or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide appropriate knowledge skills, and abilities
* 5-7 years IT Asset Management experience with fulfillment, retirement, software licensing, and hardware asset management
* ITIL v3 Foundations certification or higher is preferred
* Demonstrated ability to manage asset inventory and reconcile data, ensuring high levels of accuracy
* This employee must be able to complete assignments independently, work collaboratively with other office staff, and demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills while performing all job responsibilities
* Strong knowledge & experience with hardware/software asset life cycle management processes planning, acquisition, deployment, monitoring, harvesting and retirement
* Critical problem solving skills with attention to detail, with the ability to explain and express technical issues to non-technical individuals
Work requires frequent amount of moderately heavy lifting (not more than 50 pounds) and repetitive physical activity.
The Asset Specialist reports to the Supervisor of Technology Operations