Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Primary job function of the Systems Engineer will be to administer and support Windows/Unix/Linux Systems supporting Intelsat's Mission Critical, Production and Development environments. Towards this goal, the role will build and maintain data center infrastructure, monitor system health and performance, analyze and resolve reported systems problems and patch / update servers as necessary. Will also support and maintain the physical data center. This position will additionally work on assigned projects/tasks in coordination with the other team members. This role will provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotating basis and serve as an escalation point for issues raised by the IT Helpdesk and by other IT Operations team members.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of three (3) years experience experience, with the ability to demonstrate skill of execution in the following areas:
- Manage, secure, and troubleshoot servers and client computers. Support of several hundred Windows servers (2000, 2003, 2008, 2012).
- Configure, manage, secure, and troubleshoot active directory organizational units and group policy
- Support data center activities (rack servers and network devices, run network cables, maintain inventory, maintain professional looking data center)
- Administration of our virtualized server environment (VMWare/Terminal Server Hyper-V)
- Provision and configure physical and virtual servers based on images
- Configure, administer, and troubleshoot the network Infrastructure (DNS/DHCP/ETC)
- Manage, support, monitor, troubleshoot server issues and resolve them in a timely manner in accordance with company standards and best practices.
- Manage, support, monitor, troubleshoot data center networks: switches, routers, and other networking devices that make the data center function.
- Manage and support storage systems (i.e. NetApp, Winchester)
- Creating, Configuring, Managing, Securing, and Troubleshooting File, Print, and Web Resources
- Performs file restoration/recovery and backups for Windows/Linux
- Provide and participate in UC/VTC events (All Hands, companywide events, etc.), providing required support.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Resolve Help Desk escalated incidents and problems.
- Escalate problems to appropriate teams based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in resolving issues that require support from multiple departments, coordinating with them on as-needed support.
Required Skills, Knowledge, And Abilities
- Bachelors degree and minimum of 3 years experience and ability to demonstrate that execution of the the following in daily work assignments:
- Strong problem determination and resolution skills.
- Creative problem-solving mindset required.
- Competency with Microsoft Windows server operating systems.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with:
- Windows OS: 2008/2012 Server and Windows 7 and Windows 10 Client (RedHad Linux experience a plus)
- Directory Services and Access Methodologies (ADS, LDAP)
- Scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Python, Powershell)
- Infrastructure cloud experience, preferably in AWS / Azure
- Certifications: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or equivalent ability
- Certifications: Must have hardware and networking knowledge equal to or exceeding the proficiency exhibited in passing the CompTia A+ and Cisco CCNA exams.
- Must have skill and experience in performing routine audits of systems and software and applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, the ability to provide technical direction and prioritize tasks and the ability to create technical reports and documentation.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Must be motivated and possess a team player attitude, with a strong work ethic.
- General knowledge of telecommunications and satellite industries required.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.