Dedicated Aide - Special Education
The Foundation Schools is a special education day school which delivers innovative school programs and support services for children and adolescents with emotional disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and other learning challenges. The Foundation Schools is accepting resumes for Dedicated Aide candidates to work in our Gaithersburg school.
For over 40 years, The Foundation Schools’ mix of academic support and therapeutic services has given our students a chance to reach their full potential. The Foundation Schools is currently approved by the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia to provide services to students who have not been successful in their home school’s environment. The Foundation Schools has schools in Gaithersburg and Largo, Maryland that serve over 200 students in grades K-12.
Our Core Values’ provide a strong foundation for our programs, are integrated into our positive behavior intervention system, drive our actions and guide our staff and students daily to TWIRL (Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, Respect, and Leadership). We offer a supportive working environment with small class sizes and excellent resources.
The Foundation Schools offers a comprehensive benefit package including tuition assistance and a generous retirement package. Visit our website at www.foundationschools.org for more information.
Dedicated Aides manage their assigned student’s behavior and ensure student’s safety through the implementation of the behavior modification system, school rules and The Foundation Schools' policies and help students decrease and avoid inappropriate behaviors. Dedicated Aides accompany their assigned student to all classes and activities to support them with their academic assignments and behavioral goals. Dedicated Aides maintain appropriate documentation of the students’ activities. They work under the direction of the classroom teacher to implement lesson plans and IEP goals. Dedicated Aides also provide staff assistance and program support through participation in meetings, committees and special activities.
Education, Experience and Certification
- A high school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent is required
- Related course work, Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- A six months of formal training or experience in special education, a psychiatric setting or other similar setting for children and adolescents is preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities are a plus
Physical, Interpersonal and Cognitive
- Utilize basic office equipment such as computer, telephone, fax, copier, etc.
- Complete reports and data input while using a variety of computer programs
- Move and carry supplies; light lifting, non-repetitive
- Maintain a professional demeanor and relationship with students, colleagues, families and community partners
- Work positively and collaboratively with others
- Maintain a professional work ethic and meet the standards of professionalism including appropriate dress, attendance and timeliness
- Demonstrate effective time management and organization skills
- Prioritize & plan work activities
- Use time and resources efficiently, set realistic action plans and goals
- Speak clearly and be understood by others
- Read and express thoughts in a written format
- Possess and demonstrate a high level of mental and emotional balance
- Respond quickly and tactfully to crisis situations while using critical thinking to assess problems
- Work with minimum supervision and meet deadlines
- Physically restrain or assist in student restraints
- Possess sufficient mobility to provide program support and manage student behaviors
Apply for Dedicated Aide - Special Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly