Maintenance Worker (Motor Vehicle Operator)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 position.
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain and maintain a valid, State-issued Motor Vehicle Driver's license.
- This position requires the incumbent to wear a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers uniform.
- This position may require emergency and/or scheduled overtime and may require the incumbent to work alone on weekends and holidays.
- This position requires the incumbent to pass a pre-employment physical and annually thereafter.
- This position has been identified as a Drug Testing Designated Position and requires participation in the Department of Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program to include passing a urinalysis drug testing prior to appointment and passing random urinalysis drug testing after appointment.
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain and maintain a non-critical sensitive (SECRET) security clearance.
- The position requires the incumbent to be physically able to readily access and exit manholes as small as 20 inches in diameter and other small entryways.
- This position requires the incumbent to obtain and maintain a confined space proficiency and perform confined space entry certification.
- This position has been designated as "Key" and shall not be vacated during a national emergency or mobilization as doing so would seriously impair the capability of the organization to function effectively. The incumbent must be exempted from recall to active duty and will receive training to ensure mission accomplishment of sustaining base operations during mobilization.
- This position has been designated "Mission Essential". In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations (natural or man-made disaster) the incumbent must report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
- This position will require the incumbent to frequently lift and move objects weighing over 50 pounds, push heavy loads and operate heavy hand-held equipment.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Maintenance Worker (Motor Vehicle Operator)~ without more than normal supervision to include preparing a variety of interior and exterior surfaces for painting by methods such as sanding and wire brushing and making spot repairs to tractors, mowers, trucks and all mechanical equipment utilized. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
To meet the basic eligibility, you must receive at least two points on the screen-out element indicated above and must have an average of two points on all the job elements listed below. Your application will be further evaluated to determine if you meet the best qualified cut-off for referral to the selecting official.
Selective Placement Factor: This position requires the incumbent to possess a valid, Class B (any single vehicle which has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of 11,794 or more kilograms [26,001 pounds or more], or any such vehicle towing a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight that does not exceed 4,536 kilograms [10,000 pounds]) Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and maintain it throughout the duration of employment.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Knowledge of Materials
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Use of Measuring Instruments
- Physical Effort: Requires constant arm and leg movement and reaching, bending and turning to operate hand and foot controls when driving tractor or motor vehicle. Exerts extra effort to maintain balance and position at controls of tractor and exerts extra effort to turn the larger and heavier vehicles and to operate the additional controls of heavier motor vehicles. Stands, stoops, bends, kneels, climbs and works in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Works on scaffolds and ladders, which requires work overhead or in stretched, cramped, or awkward positions. Exerts very heavy physical effort frequently lifting and moving objects weighing over 50 pounds, pushing heavy loads and operating heavy hand-held equipment.
- Working Conditions: Works outdoors in all weather conditions, including periods of extreme heat and cold and inclement weather. Subject to injury from lifting and handling heavy materials and equipment, discomfort from noise and vibration of equipment, and hazards associated with operating vehicles and equipment, applying pesticides, and performing duties in the vicinity of flood control projects (dirt, fumes, cuts, bruises, falls, broken bones and drowning).
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. Read more Security clearance Secret