Teachers Aide - One to One
Supports the instruction and school wide behavior management system of the Ridge School. Demonstrates actions and attitudes that contribute to the critical success factors of the organization (i.e. Best place to work, most extraordinary experience, superior outcomes, financial success for reinvestment, valued as a faith-based organization, and a growing organization vital to the community).
1. Supports the academic program by implementing appropriate lesson plans and IEP/PEP goals.
2. Assist with classroom coverage when necessary through the proper implementation of teacher substitute plans .
3. Assist in development and dissemination of special plans to help student remain in class and resolve
4. Instructs small and large groups under direct supervision of classroom teacher.
5. Supports the school wide behavior management system as it contributes to the critical success factors of the organization
6. Demonstrates the knowledge of emotional disturbance and ability to establish therapeutic relationships with students.
7. Administers effective and appropriate strategies during a crisis intervention.
8. Demonstrates professional conduct as it contributes to the critical success factors and values of the organization.
9. Exhibits flexibility and adapts quickly to changes when confronted with high levels of work stress.
10. Participates in training and development opportunities to enhance own knowledge of emotional disturbance and instructional strategies.
Bachelors degree preferred or minimum 3 years experience in related field, working in a special education setting providing academic and behavior support to students, experience with HFSAS (High Functioning Students on the Autism Spectrum).
Ability to assist in classroom instruction in grades 6 - 12.
Adapt to stressful, fast paced environment.
Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to make decisions in volatile situations.
Ability to physically restrain students.
Basic computer skills, use of telephone, fax, copier and other basic office equipment necessary.
Work independently and meet assigned deadlines.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser