Occupational Health Nurse Practioner(RN)
Care. Compassion. Community.
This person is responsible for the efficient operations of the local occupational health program as well as managing the local staff. Ensures occupational health and related services to all AHC customers are provided with excellence and compassion. Customers served includes but not limited to AHC employees, physicians, volunteers and patient care contractors seeking occupational health services. Services are provided in accordance with regulatory and accrediting guidelines. Develops and implements occupational health strategies needed for the overall service success. Responsible for local WC cost control. Leads the HCW safety initiatives. Provides focal physical exams for injured workers. Leads the new employee health assessment on-boarding process. Monitors and plans based on surveillances, data collection, trending and data analysis. Partners with management to enhance HCW safety, injury prevention, and hazard elimination (HEP). Is actively engaged with the HR/OH department performance improvement efforts. This person is actively engaged in the AHC goal of becoming a world-class healthcare organization. Demonstrate actions and attitude that contributes to Adventist Healthcare mission, vision and values, as we extend Gods care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
1. Assesses for, plans, helps implement and evaluates employee training and education related to Occupational Health issues. Works as a partner and resource to the local HR leaders and management with issues related to medical disability and return to work (RTW) program. Is knowledgeable about FMLA and ADA and Workers Comp regulations.
2. Performs physical exam / or health assessments, diagnosing, and implementing therapeutic regimen for workplace injury and illness. Works with the OH RN WC Case Manager to ensure injured worker prompt return to work in modified or full duty.
3. Performs post-offer medical history / health assessments in accordance with standard of care practices and hospital policies.
4. Develops / revise policies and procedures to support employee health functions and meeting regulatory compliances.
5. Works collaboratively with multi-disciplines to achieve the local OH and systems goals. Works with management to enhance HCW safety and hazard elimination (HEP), injury investigation and root cause identification, in order to decrease frequency.
6. Leads and manages the local Occupational Health staff to deliver excellent service.
7. Supports and ensure execution of all Occupational Health programs initiatives. Monitors, trends & analyze injury data and reports quarterly to entity Directors and VPs, as well as Safety and IPAC committees.
8. Oversees the annual TB Testing, annual mandatory Flu and other HCW immunizations and medical surveillance programs, as per CDC guidelines.
9. Monitors supply utilization. Monitors entity WC cost and implement strategy to reduce cost and enhance employee safety as per Hazard Elimination Annual Plan (HEP).
10. Works with the RN WC Case Manager to ensure accuracy and timelessness of the workers compensation program and claim management. Oversees the proper maintenance of the OSHA logs. Ensures OSHA log 300 A Summary is signed by CEO and published at the end of each January, as per regulation.
11. Is a member of the local emergency response team. Manages the entity HCW screening during an emergency event as per policy following guidance from the Incident Command Center and the Health Department.
12. Provides occupational health services for physicians and other contractual services as needed.
13. Ensures that practice adheres to Nurse Practitioner-Physician collaborative agreement as well as Occupational Health policies.
14. Consistently provides excellent and compassionate care for those we serve.
15. Treat everyone with kindness and outmost respect consistent with organizational values.
BSN, MSN. Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Maryland required.
ANCC or AANP Certified as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner in Maryland. 2-5 year NP experience.
Must be approved/credentialed as staff affiliate by the Medical/Dental staff.
Certification in occupational health, Case Management or experience in occupational health nursing or related field preferred. Office management preferred.
Ability to diplomatically work with employees and medical staff regarding occupational health or WC related issues.
Basic PC skills such as Internet, email and windows environment. Word, Excel, Power Point and People Soft knowledge or Workday preferred.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, We will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
We will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cut and paste this link into your web browser